"Forbidden Foods"

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by No_Angel, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No_Angel

No_Angel Member

That's a term my sick mind invented -when I was relatively ok it included just a few items like cakes,donuts so on.Now things are different and almost everything is labelled as "forbidden"

Why ? - Let me tell you
    I reached and maintained reasonable weight ,I work out regularly but I do the binge -starve cycle and I've gained fat .

So I'm making my diet for the next week and I'm terrified by the thought that I might eat few grams more bread and that makes me feel helpless and stupid and it takes away all my dreams that I will get rid of my ED.

2. anhedonia

anhedonia Member

I understand completely. You are not alone.

I've had that for too many years to count. But now that I'm trying for recovery, I had my first muffin in years yesterday with a friend. And I'm feeling so much the better for it.

Are you going for any ED help yet? I highly recommend getting help. Once I stopped the binge-starve cycle, I've actually lost weight!

3. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

I know how you feel too. Are you getting therapy?

I have done the binge purge starve cycle for almost longer than I can remember! What I find is that if I plan small healthy but regular meals it stops me from binging, this is what I’d recommend you try. Bread is always a scary thing to eat, why not start with something easier? I don’t know you “safe food” list but I personally started with crackers and then eventually did Rivita and then finally bread.

4. LivingOn

LivingOn Well-Known Member

My eating is either extremely healthful (bordering on orthorexic) or disordered (cookies for breakfast).

5. No_Angel

No_Angel Member

well ,i started working out with an instructor and things got worse - he doesn't let me eat even cheese ,so things that I used to eat are now on the "forbidden foods" list and started oveareating again and I'm slightly gaining weight and my hair is falling and everything is falling apart just when I thought I was going to be better...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.