Forced to do suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pingu, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

Can someone talk me out of this?
    i know that each day your alive is a victory, and suicide is a bad thing,
    but i feel forced to kill myself before i hit 17.
    i feel that if i hit 17 and do suicide, people wont miss me..
    Just so my parents can brag to their friends they had a son who killed himself when he was 16.

I know i have a really weird way of thinking, but i have really made up my mind on this, and i dont like it, becuase im happy for every day that i get to live.
    This has nothing to do with my problems im suicidal, its just somthing i dont want to think about.
    Someone please brainwash me to stay here, because im 100% going through with this.

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Why d'you feel you are forced to commit suicide?
    You say you've made your mind up on this ... why?

3. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

except all of my reasons, im forced by myself.. its people talking inside my head. i cant explain it.

4. Milly

Milly Well-Known Member

i hope that you dont, Youre 16 and have sooo much life yet to live. just hang in there and keep waking up each day and see what that day brings, if its a dark and crappy day then try to struggle thru it and see what the next one brings. Its sooo sad when someone so young is ready to end it all, take it one day at a time and see what the next one brings
    who knows tmoro maybe a sunshiney day!!!!!

5. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

thanks but i will never get better, even if i wait a month or 20 years..
    i was born to do suicide. im not asking you to talk me out of suicide itself, because you cant, just help me ignore these voices and allow myself to be atleast 17

6. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Your parents won't be bragging because everyone will blame them, they may even decide to take their own lives because they weren't good enough for you and don't deserve to live and want to join you,

7. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

trying to figure this out so you think . . .

1. your suicide is inevitable and beyond your control
    2. the clock is running out
    3. you won't be remembered or honoured if you die after you're 17
    4. you do not want to commit suicide

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Pingu,
    You say you are hearing voices? You need to sit your parents down and make them listen to you. You can get help for that. Go to your emergency room and let them know you are suicidal and you are hearing voices!!
    They will probably admit you so they can evaluate you. Don't be afraid of the hospital they are very professional. It sounds to me like you are skyzophrania. I don't hear voices, I see things which is just as bad. I'll see something and stop what I am doing and look around for something but I never find anything.
    I have been to a phsyc facility called ACT like 7or 8 times and once I got medicare I have been in the regular hospital 2 times they keep messing with my meds. Well take care, And I hope you seek help!!!!~Joseph~

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Pingu. It sounds to me like you are developing schizophrenia. It's an awful disorder that develops when you become an adult and causes people to hallucinate and hear voices. But it's not a death sentence. Many people with schizophrenia take medication which helps them to manage their symptoms and lead decent lives. You have to see a phychiatrist and be formally diagnosed though. It's just a possibility. But please, don't feel like you need to die before you turn 17. Tell those voices to get lost and leave you alone. :hug:

10. penguin_x

penguin_x New Member

you only want to commit suicide if u think people will miss you?

... i dont even know what to say to that

11. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

i've said it before, i have a weird way of thinking.
    when people never cared about you its usually somthing you want.
    and NO, its not the reason i want to commit suicide..
    its the reason i want to die before i hit 17, because i feel like people isnt going to care if i grow older.

And to the schizophrenia part, i think that could be what i have, im going to read about it and see if that is what i have.. i dont want to tell anyone about it, i live alone, and dont want anyone to think im crazy.

12. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

Its true if you think about it.. if a 13 year old commit suicide, the whole world cries, but the older you grow, the less people care..
    sorry if this was triggering or offending to some.

13. Erratic

Erratic Active Member

I second the thought on talking to your parents. Audio hallucinations are a common symptom of schizophrenia and it -is- treatable.

To be honest, I felt the same way when I was 16. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to survive to see 18, and that I was going to kill myself before then. I'm 24 now. I was wrong about suiciding before 18. You can be wrong, too.

I don't know anything more about you than what you've posted, but your parents probably care about you a good deal, and may just have a shitty way of showing it. It doesn't mean that you should kill yourself, though. Sixteen, or even 17, is too young to decide that you should die, or don't need to live. There are other options out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.