Forcing Happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgotten_Man

So I was thinking... I am a never going to be able to be happy on my own. I suck too much to do that.... so I was thinking... I need something to force me to be happy... you know regress my sucky personality and forcing a "normal" happy one. I mean it seems like such a fun thing.... why actually be happy when we have stuff that can force it on me?

Just some thoughts.

you can't force yourself to be happym to be truely happy deep down you have to want it. material things may make you think your happy but deep down your not gonna be truely happy. you cant force yourself to be happy

take care

vikki x :hug:

Forgotten_Man

- vikki - said:
you can't force yourself to be happym to be truely happy deep down you have to want it. material things may make you think your happy but deep down your not gonna be truely happy. you cant force yourself to be happy

take care

vikki x :hug:
I don't care about being truely happy as long as my mind has the illusion of happiness that is all. That way I won't be like I am not miserable and sad. I just want to erase the sadness quickly and easily...

yeah but remember doing that is like a quick way of temporarly (spelling? :S ) getting rid of the problem but doing that its allways gonna come back, you might feel happy for a short period of time but then you'd go straight back down, proberbly feeling worse than you allready do right now.

iv tried making myself happy, but deep down i wasn't happy, and i went straight back down to feeling like shit, and that made me feel even worse because i thought 'this is an endless cycle, im happy one minute then feeling like shit the next, thers no point' and thats when i started taking 15 paracetamols at a time to try block out the pain.

the thing is i dont want to be 'happy' then suddenly drop into feeling worse because thats gonna make everything seem worse, and then you never know what you may do

vikki x

Tak

Forgotten_Man said:
as long as my mind has the illusion of happiness
You can not trick your own mind into an illusion of happiness, you can smile on the outside all you want, but inside you will still be dying - bit like me atm :biggrin:

Tak said:
You can not trick your own mind into an illusion of happiness, you can smile on the outside all you want, but inside you will still be dying - bit like me atm :biggrin:
this is very true, you cant trick yourself into something if your heart wont let you, you can smile in the mirror convincing yourself that you are happy, but that emoty dying feeling inside is still going to be there even if you trick your self into happiness. deep down wont be happy because your FORCING yourself to be happy, to be happy it has to be happen naturally not tricking yourself and your mind into it. :hugs:

vikki x

Forgotten_Man

- vikki - said:
yeah but remember doing that is like a quick way of temporarly (spelling? :S ) getting rid of the problem but doing that its allways gonna come back, you might feel happy for a short period of time but then you'd go straight back down, proberbly feeling worse than you allready do right now.

iv tried making myself happy, but deep down i wasn't happy, and i went straight back down to feeling like shit, and that made me feel even worse because i thought 'this is an endless cycle, im happy one minute then feeling like shit the next, thers no point' and thats when i started taking 15 paracetamols at a time to try block out the pain.

the thing is i dont want to be 'happy' then suddenly drop into feeling worse because thats gonna make everything seem worse, and then you never know what you may do

vikki x
Hmmm yeah... I figure that much... but what I am hoping is that the feeling of being happy will addict me to it. And as a result I will try harder to be falsely happy... I don't know that is the plan though.

Tak said:
Hmmm we are all dying anyway. Like I said I just want to feel happy what I am on the inside does not really matter as long as I feel it....

Plus I am also hoping that this false feeling will apply pressure on me causeing me to break and end it all.

try to make some friends and go to movies and stuff.. there are tonnes of people at your school, if you fail you probably wont see them ever again anyways, so just try again on some new people :D

Forgotten_Man

numb_numb said:
try to make some friends and go to movies and stuff.. there are tonnes of people at your school, if you fail you probably wont see them ever again anyways, so just try again on some new people :D
I don't know... in order to do that I would have to overcome my social anxiety... and then meet and attempt to be around people.... finding a different more simpler method that takes up less time will be much easier.

Forgotten_Man said:
I don't know... in order to do that I would have to overcome my social anxiety... and then meet and attempt to be around people.... finding a different more simpler method that takes up less time will be much easier.
yes overcomming your social anxiety will be difficult, but think of it like this, by over comming it means that you can have a long period of happiness, finding a quicker method will make you 'happy' much quicker but won't last very long, where as if you take your time the happiness can last the rest of your life not just a short period

vikki x

Forgotten_Man

- vikki - said:
yes overcomming your social anxiety will be difficult, but think of it like this, by over comming it means that you can have a long period of happiness, finding a quicker method will make you 'happy' much quicker but won't last very long, where as if you take your time the happiness can last the rest of your life not just a short period

vikki x
I look at it as most things we do will only last so long no matter what. I don't believe that over coming my social anxiety will garuntee me happiness forever. In fact it will probably incur quite the opposite. I will show the real me and the real me would only be good as a friend nothing more nothing less...

The way I see it the LONGER the happiness the LONGER the misery that will come when that happiness goew away. But if I have short bouts I will get over the misery faster.

And I do not believe it will be possible for me to over come my social anxiety without drugs. I am too weak too lazy and too shitty to overcome such a large obstacle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00