Forgetfullness and concentration problems?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Shock, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Any one know any remedies?

2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

omg - if you find any remedies. . . . let ME know. geez. i'll pay cash :blink:

3. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

Please let me know too!!!! I just can't believe how my memory continues to fail me. And I"ve had ECT (Electroconvulsive Therapy) twice, so that is working against me as well. :blink::unsure::blink:

4. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

The antidepressants definately dont help.........

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

The only thing that I have done that even remotely works a little are those games with the memory cards. It is supposed to help concentration!

I have had problems with this for a while. Talking on the phone , in person is the worst. Saying uh, umm, uh, is not much of a conversation! ugh

6. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Also large doses of fish oil have shown to help... exercise and eating healthy seems to help me a lot.

7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

card games and stuff seem to make me worse, the front of my head hurts when i play them :blink: dont ask idk.

as for eating healthy and stuff, i wish i could i really do but i just dont have teh stamina to do either of those things and fish oil :yuk:

8. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Fatty acids found in fish oils do help development of the brain and helps memory, and has been proven to aid depression. I take loads of cod liver oil, not really done much for me tho, i think it's in developing brains of young children that it effects, tho worth a try, i guess these things take time :)

9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I have epilepsy so my memory was shot years ago. I'm sure the day will come when I can't remember a thing. I would actually have to pause for a moment to tell you my birthday right now.

10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I was with the first two respondees (is that a word lol). But there are some good suggestions here :)

I haven't read your other posts, but I'm assuming you have some level of depression to be here, and obviously depression can cause forgetfulness and concentration problems. They have done that for me to an extreme extent. I can't remember people's names, the day of the week, what time I'm supposed to do stuff, if I was supposed to do something in the first place.

Work on your depression and it's causes. When you start to feel less depressed, I'm sure your memory will come back to you a little bit. In the meantime, sounds like a couple good suggestions were thrown out here :)