Forgetting my happy past.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheBLA, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Its been ten years since I came to this country, I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia last.The move changed my life for the worse. And now I can barely remember my happy, childhood memories there.

A family my dad knows lived there and came here in 05 and can visit the country because their dad still works there. I asked them to take pictures of the city for me to see how things have changed, they never did.

I wish I could go into a time machine and go back to 1997, (best year of my life) or just visit the city now for just a day. I should have died when we moved away from there since I've never been as happy.

I know the past is gone and its time to move to the future, but still, those were my happiest times and I've just about lost all my memories of them. I'm already an adult but haven't matured, haven't moved on it seems.....

Anyone else feel the same? I'm sure I'm not alone.

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Why don't you go and visit?

3. Fishman

Fishman Guest

um...I 'fell down' in 2000....

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug:

5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Its not a country anyone can visit, my dad got a well-paying job there and so we could live there with him. You basically need a work permit to be there.

Its not the country I like, but my happy childhood that was there. My parents didn't like it obviously because of all the restrictions. Women can't drive, have to cover themselves in public, no religious freedom outside of Islam, etc. Thats why we came here.

I just want to visit for a day to see how things have changed, but won't happen. Also, before that, I lived in Canada and loved my cousin's house there, they moved into a new house.

I can't ever visit my childhood again, just have to move on.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.