forgotten how to do this

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Petal, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Type the text you want to show - for example "Click Here" and then highlight that text (using right click and drag on most browsers). After it is highlighted click the little globe icon with the link on it (looks like a sideways 8) in the formatting options bar and when the box comes up for the url, paste the url into the box.

Click here

3. Sumerian

Sumerian Active Member

I believe you mean left click.

If you want to do it manually then it's this code...
    [*url="www.website.com"]Click here[/url*]
    ... minus the asterisks.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I still don't get it. I think years of taking meds has severely impaired my memory because I know this is a simple thing I was always able to do.....not anymore and thanks for the replies but I still don't get.

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Okay lets try again.

1. Type the post including whatever text you want to turn into the link - , in this example the text will be "click here"

2. When you are done, highlight the text you want to become a link - by press and hold the LEFT button on your mouse (thanks for the catch Sefadu)
    so it will have Click Here highlighted in blue.

3. Go to the tool bar in the top of the reply box and click first icon in the last section (5th icon counting in from the right side) which is a little picture of a globe with a sideways "8" on the bottom. This will make a little pop-up box that says Please enter the URL of your link here . Type the web address (also called the URL) into that box and click okay.

4. all done.

You can also do it as was mentioned by Sefadu by typing out the BB code on each side of click here [*url="www.thewebsite.com"]Click here[/url*]
    ... minus the asterisks (have to put asterisk star things to show you or it would turn this into a link. This is explained on this video also - See video how to make a text link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.