form 3

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by total eclipse, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

my daughter has been put on a form 3 involuntary pt. she want to fight it.
    I don't think she should because she is not stable yet she continues to abuse drugs alcohol everytime she is out. She now can be held up to 2 weeks in hospital I don't know sheis so lost and afraid i hate seeing her locked up but at least she is safe.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Her safety is more important. She can let out a lot of frustration and maybe get some new perspective.

Do you attend an Al-Anon group? I attended for years. I didn't know what else to do, it took me awhile to connect with the group but I just kept going to them because I needed the program very much.

:hug:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It doesn't sound like she is ready to be out yet. Her safety and well being is the most important at this point. Of course she won't agree. No one likes to be some place against their will.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sometimes doing the best for others and even ourselves is the hardest to do. We cant take a step back and see what is best. If the opportunity is there put your 2 cents worth in. She needs to stay. If not you'll be right back where you and she were the other week. Hun it isnt going to be easy but she needs the help. She needs to stay in hospital. So make the staff there see it. Right now nothing that anyone offers your daughter is going to be what she wants. But she cant see waht it is she needs only what she wants. Please hun give her the chance to get what she needs by not letting the hospital release her yet. We're here to support you through this and help you find the things you need to make it through this too hun.

5. total eclipse

So you think it is good she is on this form 3 with no rights at all. She keeps calling me all upset I went to visit her yesterday now today she wants me. I can't drive on the highway when it is so busy It is thankgiven today and the traffic is terrible. I phoned her and explained i can't but she makes me feel so guilty. I told her she need to work with the professionals it is so hard seeing her locked up there is something inhumane about it. I hear what everyone is saying and will try to stay out of it. The psychiatrist will do what is right by her he will keep her safe i hope. She has OD twice now well in hospital so they won't let her go home not even with me for supper I guess it is better this way she is safe there. Thanks for feed back and for keeping me sane

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Watching our kids suffer through anything is unbearable. But hun you need to do this for her. Keep reminding yourself that this is for her. Maybe her last chance at real help. If she comes home you know what both of you will be up against. And she isnt trying to make you feel guilty to hurt you. Right now she is like a hurt wild animal that has been caged. She wants her freedom. But her freedom right now would jeapordize her well being. She cant see that or understand that. All she sees and wants is freedom. So she will try anything to get it. Lashing out at hospital staff, then trying to become their best patient in hopes of winning them over to an early release. Completely isolating herself but then trying to befriend as many other patients as she can so that the staff see her as trying. Calling you and sobbing about you not being there. Hun given the time to be alone with the staff to help her will eventually do some good. And you'll see she was never angry at you for not visiting. She will then realize it was what she needed rather than what she wanted to get better. I really feel for you sweetie. This is so hard on you. Emotionally, and physically. So while she is in hospital getting the help she needs, take this opportunity to take care of yourself now. Build your strength back up. Get your mind back to where you need it to be. Because you know that once she is allowed out, the work is still there. So please hun, take some time for you. You'll both appreciate it in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
  7. total eclipse

Thanks i understand and i do have to stay strong i have to put her saftey first here and hopefully theywill be able to really help her this time. New doctor new medications maybe just maybe she will get well. I want to work on me but really i am strong i am okay and i just got pm from max it was good to hear he is okay too. thanks for keeping my mind on track and helping me to see clearly that i am doing the right thing keeping her there. i will phone her tonight again but won't be able to see her until wedsday She need to learn i cannot be there to save her everytime she does something wrong. i am so tired but your right i need to rest now thanks again

8. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

9. total eclipse

she won't talk to me i called twice this evening she went to bed. she is so sad now i hope tommorrow the doctor lets her in to the other wing i am sorry i can't help her i couldn't go see her there was just too much traffic I wish someone would have taken me but no one would Now she is hurting and not talking to me i hate this all of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.