Forum censorship

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hae-Gi, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Yeah, go on and try to silence us. You will just anger us more.

2. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

The forum is private property. You don't pay for it. You have no guaranteed rights here. Follow the rules or start your own forum.

As for me, I think the mods are more than fair. I'm happy to be able to post here.

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

and what are you trying to accomplish here??

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Whats up HaeGi?
    My pm is open if u want a private chat.

5. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

A bit of moderation is ok to remove the bullshit.

6. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

lol. There's no one being silenced here unless they go against a rigid set of rules. Freedom of speech we should be responsible for. Those who arn't, and say the stupidist things like trolls and whatnot just spoil it for all of us and that's why we need the mods to be very circumspect about posts in such a vulnerable yet open environment. Would you want anyone to come here and post whatever they want about anyone regardless of how abusive it was?

7. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

call me stupid but I don't understand why anyone would even want to come back to a place they hated so much...:blink:

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't really see the problem. You come here, the first thing you see is the rules. If you come to my house as a guest, I may be accommodating but there will be things you won't say or do in my house. First of all, people take their shoes off when they come inside. It's not a barn. I try to keep it clean.

Anyway. Freedom of speech gets misinterpreted quite often. Private property is no place to go barging in and demand to be able to say and do as you please.

9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

You don't have to stay..I don't see anyone forced to stay here, except maybe Robin, but that's because he owns the site..Anyway, if you hate it so much, why do you come back?

10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Am I obligated to accomplish something?

I may leave from this place, by the way... I have no friends here, anyway.

11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Feel free to close this thread. It was stupid. I could've come with some arguments, instead of just making a pointless statement. Of course, arguing would've lead to this thread being closed or moved to the Letters to the Management section, but it still was stupid to start it. I feel like pushing a knife into my heart. Not that this failure of mine, to perform well, is the main reason, exactly. kthxbai, that's all.

12. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

honestly...that's a good question.

13. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

wtf do you think is the goddamned reason? I'm depressed outta my mind and have nowhere else to turn. This is why the censorship of this forum angers me so much; you are simply not allowed to express yourself in the way that well may be needed. The moderators ruthlessly just censor or remove completely harmless posts or whole threads with no consideration for that those that this happens to become even more depressed, then.

14. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I can understand you Hae-Gi on censorship.

I guess, for me, the way I accept the way things are run here is, that there are hundreds of people viewing this site day in and day out. Alot post, alot more just view. Each person at a different state or emotional level.
    This forums attractive for people of who are feeling down and suicidal and confused, because, it in itself is a place where some can talk, and express themselves, where in some cases, they have no outlet where someone else can see or hear them.
    That expression is.. the more you go into alot of cases, the more specific you get, the more dangerous it can become. If someone listed key specific aspects of their experiences and feelings in life to such a graphic nature, and soemone who is feeling very vulnerable and in their own personal life can relate to such graphic feelings, it has the potential to ignite those fears and feelings inside them.

Maybe I didn't explain it that great but, it's not to directly block you from expressing yoruself, it's to protect those who potentially cannot handle the nature of ones expressions.

In general, expressions here are fine, .. but i find, general does nothing for me. Specifics and questions of the old and new for me are what lifes about, and for someone like me, for me to truly heal my own wounds,.. well, I can't do that here. Hell, half the time i can't even have a simple converation here because it's too graphic. .. that inturn is the unfortunate, yet maybe fortunate nature of this forum.

15. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Believe me I so get you on this one. I wonder why the f*ck I'm even here....

Edited to add: Actually it's because there are a few people here who care about me. As for the rest...whatever

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  16. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I have discussed these topic on the SF thread,
    after that it got thrashed,
    Letter to the Mgt is a trash bucket,we all know that.
    when the mods are cornered,
    that is what they do.
    One of this days I will be banned
    but I can hail my hhead up high
    as I know the freedom of Expression
    is a hated Rights anywhere you go.
    The Federal Communication Commission is sort
    of a kind of place to restart a new forum.

The answers to the thread by Black Angel
    was very hostile instead of discussion
    it became an attack & they gang up on him.

I thought it was an issue for so long I was here,
    yet is ignored & retaliated by banning them.
    There are so many brilliant minds here before
    but we lost the opprtunity we learn
    .their ideas becoz they canned them.
    I reiterated again that by censorship
    our rights to heard them / to listen from them
    is also violated ,& for this reason I voiced out.

Never mind this site,it is inside the corporate media.
    Just play the games of superficiality,
    & eventually u get tired & get lost.

I challenged the Admin to open a thread for debate
    & have our voice be heard in a voting manner.

17. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I know this is going to sound biased but I think SF is fairly moderated. At the end of the day, SF is pro-life - it's not ok to edge over the boundary supporting suicide because that would defeat the purpose of this place.

We edit out info that goes against the rules and if you have something to say then you're welcome to express your views about the site either in PM to a staff member or LtM, where your messages will be taken into consideration and sometimes, when needed or preferred by you, discussed between the staff.

I know I'm a mod, but at the end of the day I still consider myself a member. If SF was a crap site that was poorly or too heavily moderated then I probably wouldn't be here. But, in my view it isn't. We try our best when it comes to moderating, and we do have members best interests at heart.

18. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

If the members' best interests were at heart, the threads wouldn't be moved to Letters to the Management, when they become too uncomfortable.

19. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

hey people, let's stop arguing with one another. It's not healthy for anyone here. Doesn't do any good but just bad.

20. Placebo

Placebo Well-Known Member

Sorry you're feeling censored; that is frustrating. I've noticed the mods tend to play favorites; some are censored, others are allowed to run amok & partake in manipulative behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.