Found an old SF friend

Beautiful Disaster

๐ท๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘›๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘ 
SF Supporter
I have been on and off on this site for 13 years now. In 2009 i started talking to another member; X (just keeping it private).
For some reason I felt strongly connect to this guy and I remember our conversations well.
He felt miserable back then and left the website. Leaving me wondering if he was okay. Which is fine btw. I know that happens on here.

Earlier this year I went through an old email adress cause I was looking for old pictures. I stumbled upon an old email from X.
I decided to email him to see if he was still alive and okay. I wanted to share the beginning to our exchange..

Me:
Hey! Do you still use this email?

Him:
Hey. No, I donโ€™t. Hope this helps.

Me:
Yeah it does, bye.

Me: (again a day later cause I wanted to know)
I remember a X from years ago that i met on a suicideforum. Thought it was you

Him:
Iโ€™m really sorry about that caustic and rude response. Yes that was me on the suicide forum, and yes I still use this email.
I thought it was scam.
So shocked right now, I donโ€™t know how to feel. A part of me feels like it was a lifetime ago, but it also feels like just yesterday.
Very strange feeling.
My apologies, my memory of that time is very clouded, I was in a really dark place and looking back was self centred, arrogant and very selfish. I really didnโ€™t connect with many people online, or real life for that matter so in total honesty with some details donโ€™t really remember you. Sorry.
I guess I have to ask, why after all these years and all this passed time contact me?

----

Love how he thought I was scamming him. Regardless I explained to him why I messaged him and we actually started talking.
I told him what I remembered from our conversations and he actually did remember me, and some details about my life too.
We started sharing life updates and pictures. He even said: "It was 11 years ago and thereโ€™s not a single soul who I still know from that period of my life so you truly are unique and the exception to me."
Now we email eachother often and I am really happy that he is okay.
(If he didn't want to stay in touch it would have been fine too. Knowing he is doing better is all I wanted.)

This forum has given me so much. Including him as a very special friend. I genuinely feel blessed to have found this site many years ago. And to meet all the awesome people on this site <3

Just wanted to share.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
What you wrote has made me think about some of the members I have met here since I've joined. Some have drifted away, others have maintained contact much like you via email. Those who have "gone off the grid" I do on occasion wonder about them. For some you kinda know they are in a better place and have moved on, but for a couple of others that I met here, it seems lets say it all caught up with them and eventually got too much. But for all of them, hope they have peace.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00