Found my old adhd meds

Bluetoo

SF Supporter
I have a question if anyone has adhd or is familiar with it. I found my old prescription for it and needed to pick up some more fencing with little to no energy. I found the old bottle, about 2 years old and decided to take one. It really perked me up. I actually felt like talking to the people I saw at the various stores. Could it be this simple? I stopped all my pain meds 6 months ago and all I take now is some stuff for hypothyroidism. Could it be that the pain meds hindered the adhd meds and that’s why I didn’t like them? Or why they didn’t work right? It’d be awesome if it was that simple. I actually feel human right now.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
I remember you mentioning that overthinking things was something you're dealing with, which I believe is a symptom of ADHD. I'm not qualified to say for sure, but to me it seems entirely possible that two different medications were inhibiting one another. Since you found your old prescription so helpful, I would definitely bring it up with your doctor the next time you see them, as they'll be able to offer you a professional opinion on what's going on. And they might be able to prescribe the ADHD medication for you again if that's something you want to try.

I'm really happy that you're feeling so much better!

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It is possible for meds to work against each other, but I've no idea if that could be the case here as I know nothing about these meds. You really need to speak to your doctor.

By either way, it's good to hear that you're feeling better :)

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Okay, who wants to laugh right now?
I thought the title of this thread read as: "found my old ADHD friends".

For a split second there, I imagined a group of elderly people, with ADHD-like behaviors, just running amok on the streets, lost and confused. And then finally getting "found".

Sorry, I'm a freaking weirdo sometimes, haha. Don't know why I misread that like that :p

Anyway, as for your actual post, what you describe about the way it made you feel, is exactly how it made me feel also when I took it. But...I don't have ADHD. What you describe effects-wise is sort of more of an " uppers" effect. Those without ADD/ADHD feel more speedy, have more energy, get more talkative, etc. Those with ADD/ADHD, however, get the opposite effect. They're already talkative and antsy and full of energy. So the meds actually end up helping them focus and calming them down. Do you think maybe it's possible that you don't have ADHD?

Bluetoo

SF Supporter
I didn’t think I did after I tried a few different meds several years ago. None worked that great so I thought I must not have it. But, if it’s all I need to feel better I’ll lie. Lol
I feel clearer headed. My migraine is now a headache. And I’m listening to music again. I really hope it’s not a fluke. I’ll take anything that gets me wanting to move. But I don’t want to be an upper addict either.

Bluetoo

SF Supporter
Okay, who wants to laugh right now?
I thought the title of this thread read as: "found my old ADHD friends".

For a split second there, I imagined a group of elderly people, with ADHD-like behaviors, just running amok on the streets, lost and confused. And then finally getting "found".

Sorry, I'm a freaking weirdo sometimes, haha. Don't know why I misread that like that :p
That’s hilarious Asphyxiate! But your name is too hard to spell. Lmao

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I didn’t think I did after I tried a few different meds several years ago. None worked that great so I thought I must not have it. But, if it’s all I need to feel better I’ll lie. Lol
I feel clearer headed. My migraine is now a headache. And I’m listening to music again. I really hope it’s not a fluke. I’ll take anything that gets me wanting to move. But I don’t want to be an upper addict either.
I hear you. I'd do the same honestly. You said that for once you felt human. I remember saying the same thing the first time I did them. The difference between me on them and me off them was extreme.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Thank you so much for your input. I don’t trust drs that much so I appreciate hearing from real people. Haha
I don't trust them very much either. I only trust those who I know are going to give it to me straight and have a mind of their own, rather than just blindly following what the majority believes without any logical reasoning behind their opinions. I always have logical reasoning behind everything I believe, and I never say things just to say them when it comes to expressing viewpoints, which is why a lot of people know they can trust what I say and know that it's genuine.

Bluetoo

SF Supporter
Ya. I guess that’s it. I don’t want to be dependent on it for that. But it did feel good to feel human again. I didn’t sleep hardly at all last night so that’s not good. I don’t know. So frustrating.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00