Found this prayer for the suicided and survivors...hope it helps.. [religious content

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Abandoned-At-10, May 2, 2007.

1. A Prayer for Suicide Angels, Suicide Survivors, and the Suicidal
    by Kevin Caruso

Let us pray…
    Lord Jesus Christ we ask that you help everyone who is suicidal.
    Guide them so they may receive the help that they need.
    Protect them.
    Prevent them from dying by suicide.
    We need them. We love them.
    Let them feel our love, and your love, Lord Jesus.
    Lord, we ask that you comfort the suicide survivors.
    Remind them that they are very special people.
    Remind them that they are heroes.
    Fill their minds with beautiful memories of their suicide angels.
    Provide them with everything that they need Lord.
    Ease their pain.
    Give them hope.
    Give them comfort.
    Give them guidance.
    Help them heal.
    And help them in every way possible.
    Let them feel our love, and your love, Lord Jesus.
    And let their suicide angels carry them on their wings when they are weary.
    Lord, we pray for the suicide angels.
    They are with you now, Lord, in Paradise.
    These angels are among the highest angels in Heaven.
    Their wings are magnificent and their beauty is beyond imagination.
    Their love shines bright.
    Embrace them, Lord Jesus, with your love.
    And let their love continue to shine down upon us.
    Amen.

2. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Re: Found this prayer for the suicided and survivors...hope it helps..

Sorry to be blunt but prayer has about as much effect as wishing upon a shooting star. Not trying to offend your beliefs I just have to tell the truth.

3. Flight

Flight Well-Known Member

Regardless, Zoh, prayer helps people gain peace of mind and aids them in dealing with their pain. Thus you really should save your derogatory posts for your own topics and let those with faith share their experience without their beliefs being attacked.

Religious debate belongs where it is ushered in, not at the drop of a hat. Certainly you would be miffed if a Bible-thumper came in after each one of your posts about nihilism. That is tantamount to what you are doing - Bible-thumping your atheism at people. It doesn't help, even though you hold it to be true.

You should start a new topic in the Soap Box area to express your views.

Sorry for the hijack. Just to try to salvage my on-topicness, this prayer would be lovely to recite at an important anniversary or at a funeral, thanks for sharing it.

4. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with me being an atheist or nihilist? im simply saying prayer doesnt work because its the truth. Its true that praying, meditating, reading positive books etcetera can sometimes help relieve stress, but thats it, there is no type of divine intervention or help. My post wasnt an attack.

5. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Oh god, Zohmygob, you're back, heaven help us all. Maybe we should start a petition to get you off of here for good, Troll-Boy.

Abandoned-at-10, it's a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing :-D

6. ybt

ybt Guest

may i ask spikey's post be deleted? insulting to another member.

7. Saoirse

Saoirse Guest

Ybt, Zohmygod's post is insulting to other members too, aren't you going to ask for that to be deleted? Or is it to suit your own beliefs? ;)

8. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Though I'm not religious at all I think it's a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing Abandoned :hug:

9. ybt

ybt Guest

i don't really find the other person's (i forget his name and am on no sleep and i'm not going back to check his name) post offensive. the only one i find offensive is calling him a troll.

10. Sil

Sil Well-Known Member

I think that maybe many people take strenght from prayers themselves, and not from a miracle that may come. Of course there are some people who prays and they wait that things happen (just like those who wish upon a shooting star)
    But I find this poem inspiring, and I like that

11. Re: Found this prayer for the suicided and survivors...hope it helps..

I am new here and I didn't mean to start a religious/philosophical discussion.

To those who found the prayer helpful, I am glad. That was my only intention. Nothing more.

I say, I might have stay off of this site, if such a rude response (just one person's - I didn't find the others rude) is going to be evoked. I thought this was a support site, not a condemnation site.

Again, to those who appreciated it, I am glad and I hope you have a nice day.

12. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

Abandoned, forgive the few troublemakers who posted in here.

I personally found it a moving prayer, even though I am in no way religious, (In fact, I could even be called an atheist.) I believe that anything that will ease a persons pain, is a blessing on us all.

And please do not leave this place just because a few people reacted badly. You will come to find there are very nice helpful people here, and a handful that seem to enjoy 'trolling' as was said early.

(You guys know who you are, and if you feel the need to ask me, PM me personally, don't clutter up a wonderful thread with a bunch of pointless arguments.)

13. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I liked it. Thanks for sharing.

14. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

my post was in no way an insult at you my friend. i was just saying. You claim praying works, and I think it doesnt. simple as that. I apologize for being rude.

15. Nighton

Nighton Member

Re: Found this prayer for the suicided and survivors...hope it helps.. [religious con

It's so beautiful!!! To bad I don't believe in god.

16. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Re: Found this prayer for the suicided and survivors...hope it helps.. [religious con

Thank you for taking the time to post this prayer for those who find it helpful. We may never touch everyone, but if we can touch even one person, then the effort was worth it. I believe you have done that. thank you. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2007
  17. Re: Found this prayer for the suicided and survivors...hope it helps.. [religious con

You are right about that. You all are welcome. :)

18. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Mostly the question is "How do you expect it to work?".

19. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

Theres no proof of little green men but many believe in them. You have your opinion, fine. That is your truth. I do believe in prayer and that is my truth. I have no right to tell you that I am superior and my thoughts are more valid than yours. So please do not determine what is truth or not for me. Thank you.

20. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree reborn. We all find what works best for us. Our beliefs are not going to be the same. That is part of human nature. For those who believe in the power prayer, let them hold fast to this belief. For those that don't, then you don't have to pray. It is a personal choice, a conviction. In a time when so many people are struggling, we should not take away whatever choice they hold on to. The choice is ours and ours alone. Me I choose to pray.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2007