Fragmented speech patterns

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lachrymose27, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Ok, sometimes, my speeches are coherent and well formulated sentences, but also a lot of times, my grammar is confusing... I can't seem to speak properly orally, its much easier for me to write down what I want to say. I really need help in this area as it's affecting my train of thought and probably casting suspicions upon my colleagues.. I hope they don't think i'm a weirdo... I just feel really embarassed for speaking incorrect grammar.. Any suggestions? Taking a deep breath or taking things slowly doesn't seem help me... because maybe anxiety is a contributing factor... but I lose my train of thought (i lose myself in what to say and how to say it) when speaking with another person... What is wrong with me? : (

2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Move your hands expressively whilst moving your mouth,shrug your shoulders,roll your eyes and walk with you knees pointing inwards.Do all this as you approach whomever you wish to speak to and they won't really bother what you say after that spectacle.

Seriously though,have you considered acting classes.I used to do them when I was younger and reciting lines with other students in front of the class does build confidence.
    You could pretend to have a bad dentist who you visit on a regular basis?All you need to do is stuff cotton wool in the insides of your mouth..I don't know,these are all pretty crappy suggestions.

Have you tried chat roulette?

3. SuperJerk

SuperJerk Account Closed

I have the opposite problem. I can speak right, but when I write I overconvolute things with extra adjectives and make it come off as short story, but people miss the point. I've even been accused of sending suicide notes when all I did was say we'll hang out soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.