"Freak"

Jade24

Every time I look in the mirror I hate myself I little more. I've always been like this. But the older I got the more people said something about it. I don't want to be like this. When someone's over weight people still may say something but (almost) everyone knows its wrong. When someone's "underweight" it seems to me like the they think it's okay. I have a healthy b.m.i. but that doesn't mean a thing to them. Apparently I'm "anorexic", twig, a freak, and I starve myself. In my head I just think wow I didn't know I went to school with so many fricken doctors. "Well why don't you eat more?" Would you tell someone overweight to just eat less??? I eat 1 1/2 times the normal amount of normal amount of calorie intake, so don't tell me to just eat more. I asked my doctor if she could give me something to make me gain weight, she told me that the depression medication I was taking should help. Well it didn't of course. And my new doctor won't give me anything. So I guess I'm stuck being an anorexic freak through the rest of high school.

TonyHill

Im really sorry to hear all that.But you should not listen to what others said,if they make you feel bad,they dont deserve that you give them your attention.I know it sounds easy to say dont listen to them that doing it,I know you can help to care about what other say,but remenber,that you are better that they are.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Jade, why not try the ensure drinks? They for sure will help you gain weight. I am sorry that this is stressing you out so much, you deserve better. You're not a freak. I respect you for thinking the way you do, you're a clever cookie. Hope you feel better soon.

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
What about eating the highest calorie foods from different food groups, like whole milk. Have you tried bedtime snacks? (I know they helped me when I was struggling to gain weight as a kid)

afterlifepig

not so long ago i was just under 130 pounds and a pescetarian ... then i was admitted to the hospital for schizophrenia. i was there for 5 months and they put me on an antipsychotic called seroquel. anyway i ate pretty much only beef and potatoes while i was there (the only seafood they had was nasty tilapia). i put on over 70 pounds. seroquel (which slows your metabolism down) played a big role in the weight gain but i think so did my diet.

so if i were you - eat meatloaf and burgers galore! pile on that gravy. (and keep in mind i'm not a doctor.)

i actually developed gout later on. it was triggered by a beer binge but it's possible my diet could have predisposed me to it. as a pescetarian i drank beer by the case and i never had any problems. but anyway you're not trying to put on 70 pounds so maybe beefetarianism could help you with a less extreme weight gain goal.

Weight is something that i have struggled with. I used to average about 8 stone. Had my son and shot up to nearly 12 stone. Depression hit and im going back down currently just over 10 stone which is a bonus side to feeling so low i guess. If you feel that your weight is fine amd you like being that weight then all those people that say otherwise are not worth knowing. Please dont put on weight/lose weight just because some narrow minded individuala tell you that you should. Instead perhaps they should take a long hard look at themselves and find out why they feel the need to comment on your appeareance. One thing i believe is those that feel the need to put you down usualy do so because they have thier own insecurities and it makes them feel better to make someone else feel like ****. I bet you have something they wish they could have. Your not a freak hunni, i bet you are smart and beautiful just they way you are!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00