freaked out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by downnout, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

I'm starting to forget things again. I forgot to take my meds two days in a row and the next thing I know, I've forgotten two appointments, keep leaving the keys in the front door and easily forget what day it is. This is by far the worst it's been. I'm scared that the depression meds might actually be causing this. It's almost like I'm having seizures where I just totally lose track of what I'm doing. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

I'm half soaked, I don't know what the day of the week it is half the time. A first for me, a few weeks back I even forgot what year it was, I wrote 2007 down on an application form several times and didn't realise it was 08 until I got home. I sometimes don't even know what month I'm in.

The SSRI's an make you a bit scatterbrained, but I'm like that anyway.

I just can't cope with this life anymore, I'm useless.

3. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

Im not sure as I havent experienced EXACTLY what u described..since I suffer from depression though I have indeed become VERY forgetful, losin track of everything. I am not on meds at the moment though so it cant be them? Well not for me anyway.. I hope someone here can help u x

4. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

Mark, are you on SSRI's right now?

I'm sorry to hear your symptoms are so bad. Now that I think more about it, I think maybe the fact that I missed two doses in a row is what caused some of my bizarre behavior. Maybe your meds aren't right and a psych could offer somthing new. Then again, it's depression... I just found this site for myself, but hopefully it can offer some hope for you, too:

http://akmhcweb.org/recovery/rec.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  5. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

Hi

I was taking 100mg of sertraline for a year then I went cold turkey for 2 months. I've been taking it again for the last 3 weeks, 50mg first before moving back up to 100mg.

My memory has always been really bad though, my short term memory is just completely shot but my long term memory is excellent. Basically, I either memorise something or it goes in one ear and out of the other. I'm a bit of a daydreamer. I used to have to number the things I would take to school and go through a checklist otherwise I would forget something. I am forever losing pens, in my hand one minute, gone the next. I often go downstairs and then forget why I even went there and I have to return to the room where I had the original thought to remember again.

The SSRI's can affect your ability to concentrate but it is normally when you first start taking the medication or change dose.

I've got my first interview with the mental health services on 2nd April so I can discuss other drugs then. I was happy on the sertraline though, but now my life has gone pear-shaped I'm struggling to cope existing in this life.

Take care

6. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

You just gotta train your brain to remember such things.

I have a short term memory and keep forgetting alot of simple stuff. Try writing notes on your computer or something, to remind yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.