freaking a

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
Okay so I work at a garbage bag factory. I'm quality control on my shift and co-supervisor. Anyways... The freaking forklift guy is a total pain in the ass. He always is acting like a drunken, drugged up (we suspect he may drink and or do drugs at work) idiot of a forklift driver. Well the machine operators like to get the film for the bags ahead of time so they can keep their machines going and the forklift drivers are supposed to have it there for them when they need it. well.. one of the operators got on the intercom and called for film for the 2 running machines well the forklift guy came over and told her that he was busy doing orders and that he will bring it when he's ready to. And then told her to not call for film again and continued to try and lecture her. Well after he left she came and told me what he said and so I told her not to listen to him. then I went and called for film.. and glared at him until he brought it. The guy thinks he can do what he wants.. however he wants.

And then a little while ago I saw that the pallet that we stack the old cardboard from the film on was full and needed to be strapped to get sent back to the film company... well thats actually supposed to be his job and i just did it or I knew it wouldn't get done unless the other supervisor did it. Well he went and took the empty pallet that I put there and replaced it with another. What my pallet wasn't good enough? you fucking bastard.. It doesn't matter what the pallet looks like they are all the same.. idiot. If he doesn't like how I change the cardboard then maybe he needs to do his own fucking job. Its always something with this jackass everyday. feels like he can just bully the operators then claims he's getting picked on when he gets yelled at... He should have been fired months ago for all the crap he does.. but my boss is too forgiving. I can't wait until that lazy jackass doesn't work here anymore.

Axiom

Account Closed
Forklift drivers need to be extremely team orientated I think because they're the hub for moving things to and from. I donno, I know it can be a bit stressful for em, but if he's not meeting a standard and youre picking up after him, perhaps you need to start keeping a record of it. I mean there's giving people slack and such, but if he's driving like a twat all the time and not doing his job, and being a prick to his co-workers, he's not a productive member of your team.

I donno, was it just a bad day or is this a regular thing? Cause if he's making everyone feel on edge, i dont know why he hasnt been atleast given a warning.

ZombiePringle

It's an everyday thing. He tends to always cause some sort of problem. To be frank... I know what his job requires. I fill in at his job in addition to doing my own when he isn't there. There is days that he does barely anything. He is under the impression that his slack will be picked up by me or the other supervisor. And he is a complete jerk all the time. He also has a habit of hitting stuff... has almost hit me and several other people. He should not drive a forklift at all.... but my boss keeps giving him all kinds of chances. So yes he should be fired.

Axiom

Account Closed
Um... well not trying to be rude, but if he's done all of that,(obviously I dont know the depth or context) and you feel it warrants his dismissal, perhaps you need to start talking with the supervisors about him more directly.
I mean you've talked to your boss, what sort of way did you tell him? or is your boss kinda soft :S

in anycase, sounds bloody frustrating when the obvious is not being done.

ZombiePringle

Yeah my boss is a very nice guy... the most he has done is given him a 3 day suspension. He just forgives way too easily. When I talk to my boss about it I'm always very calm, and I ask him to just talk to the guy. Never helps any. I have considered talking to the higher ups but me and the other supervisor have decided to handle it our own way. That involves sending him home when we feel its needed. It's just we feel its our shift and having a guy like that around people that are legally blind is something we need to try and eliminate as much as we can. So we send him home when we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00