Freaking out

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

Popped a disc in my lower back almost a month ago - been trying to cope with pain with limited success - mostly because I'm afraid of getting addicted to the pain killers - doc has scheduled me for epidural cortisone to target the area affected in my spine

And I'm terrified

Underwent this same procedure 20 years ago, 3 treatments over 3 consecutive weeks by 3 separate doctors, and it was handled so badly that I can't even get a flu shot without having a major panic attack

Gave me 2 Valium to take beforehand but I'll still be conscious and I can't forget the last time and if I think about it too much I can't stop shaking
  2. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I feel the same way when I need to get a blood test! One time a stupid intern kept poking and poking, omg it hurt me so much that I avoid any needle. But I physically shake, can hardly breathe and cry my eyes out because the stress is too much. I remember going for a flu shot then convinced I caught the flu from that shot...I hope that you can somehow find the courage, I hope the procedure goes okay for you! I hope the Valium helps. xx
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, sorry you had such a bad experience last time, I am sure the valium will help at least a little for you, I will be thinking of you and please let us know how you get on. I'm sorry you are so worried, good luck.