Freaking out

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Wastingecho, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

my manager scheduled a status meeting this morning

i have to meet with him and HR this afternoon, presumably to discuss my performance

i'm freaking out - tried listening to music but that made it worse - have things that could numb the anxiety but if i start taking them i'm pretty sure i won't stop

feels like the hammer is going to come down and i don't know if i can stop it
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope they will work things out that will help you stay please let us know how it goes okay hugs
  3. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

it might be good news.
  4. Wastingecho

it was weird

it was like our regular one-on-one status meetings except HR was there

so now i'm confused as well as freaked

i have no clue what's going on only that it's stressing me out like crazy
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

why don't you ask why human relations was there don't sit around wondering ask boss what the reasoning was okay
  6. kobie76

kobie76 Well-Known Member

This happened with me several times when I was working last. Probably just a change to their procedure and most likely nothing to worry about. Try not to let it stress you out.

Did they ask you if you wanted someone there for you i.e union rep or a friend?
  7. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Maybe also ask if they have a written procedure?
  8. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

I woudn't over assume that anyone else knew why HR was there. including HR :laugh:
  9. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Are you feeling any better? Hopefully you will find out what was going on. :hug:
  10. Wastingecho

no idea and afraid to ask
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.