Freaky shaped puzzle peice

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lostboy, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

I feel like a freaky shaped puzzle piece that doesn’t fit in. Just thinking bout spending another new years with my parents, and all there friends is really bumming me out. All their friends tolerate me, but they’re like 50 – 60 and I’m 22… so they all kinda know that I’m a bit fucked up, particularly because I never really talk to them. I was thinking of just picking up my tent and guitar and camping somewhere in the wilderness, just to get away from all the happy people shouting HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    But I really don’t have the courage to deal with all the people that I would inevitably meet and question me along the way.
    I was thinking of doing this WWOOFING thing which is this website that lets ordinary people go work on organic farms. But all the farms usually get people from overseas to stay (people with no-where else to go or stay). And I thought it would be a bit weird ie.
    ‘Hi can I come and stay with you and your family over new years?’
    ‘Sure where you from?’
    ‘Just down the road.’
    ‘OH… sure…’
    Anyways I’m going into too much boring detail.
    Feeling realy down today… a lot of you guys said that keeping yourself busy is a good way to beat depression, my motivation is not at an all time high right now, but I’m going to try and do something tomorrow and start running again. Neways thanks for listening.

2. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Well done for trying to get back on track. I know how hard that can be, so you're doing well to get to that point. About the organic farm plan - it sounds really cool. And who cares if they say you can't go there because you don't live far enough away? It's worth a try, surely, nothing to lose. Chances are you'll regret it if you don't go for it, and there's everything to gain from that conversation.

I can identify with the whole disliking new year thing. Always seems as if it is a time for those who have someone close to enjoy, which counts me out straight away.

Take care,
    Lauren

3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i dont mind new years (well i can just about tolerate it!) but i really like that idea

4. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

I know how you feel when you say you want to go to the wildnerness. I sometimes think life would be so much nicer being alone in nature, not thinking about all the other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.