Freedom!!!!

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by Stray, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stray

Stray Account Closed

Making this thread to let you know i have escaped from my abusive relationship!
    I've been trying for a long time.
    It became intolerable so i left on saturday night with my cats and I'm now living at my dads, and i hope to find a place of my own as soon as poss. On sunday i went downhill, i had a mental breakdown and a panic attack and became convinced that i could not live without him and was considering going back. Today i feel more positive. Lots of encouragement please! I really don't wanna crack and go back to that abusive pig.

2. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

If you want to hear that you are supported

i am so glad you need encuragement and want it .... love yourself first....

this sounds dumb but "be your own hero"

stay here for the support you need when you become anxious.... and its good the cats are with you for you can also find comfort in them - cats are good and they keep you grounded

sending you plenty of my thoughts and heart felt sympathies for what i can only imagine as your needs at this time - it is uniquely your "life"

this is a new experience for you.... if you feel you can talk so some people even if they have to be strangers find support over the phone to if you look here there are numbers you can call or visit like the Samertans [sorry my spelling is something i will always need to work on but your words are so good]

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

all i can say is good for you and don't you dare go back If it gets difficult go the a shelter for abuse woman okay and they will give you coping skills to stay clear of him once and for all. No contact okay by phone internet anything now no contact at all.

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Congratulations Stray! You did the right thing, leaving such a toxic environment. Hopefully, you can get your life together, and regain your strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.