Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dragon, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

• How do I change my name?
    • How do I close my account?
    • How do I become a staff member?
    • Who are the staff?
    • Why can’t I delete my posts?
    • Somebody I know has found me on SF, what do I do?
    • I can see a post that goes against the ToS of the site, how do I report it?
    • My post count has gone down! Why?
    • I can’t post anything! Why is this?
    • Why isn’t chat working?

How do I change my name?

To change your username simply PM one of the senior moderators or administrators. When you change your name you cannot change it again for another six months, so make sure it's what you want!

How do I close my account?

Members cannot close their own accounts. See deletion. However there are circumstances in which accounts will be closed.
    • Multiple account closure
    • Privacy reasons

How do I become a staff member?

All of the staff were originally members of SF, who gained their position by earning the trust of the other staff and showing themselves to be responsible. Please do not ask if you can become a member of staff. Proving yourself trustworthy is often enough to get you noticed.

Who are the staff?

Any names that you see in the user list that are bold and/or coloured. Please note that the staff are not trained therapists. We are people with problems and issues just like anyone else and like everyone here, distribute information on a peer-to-peer basis.

Why can't I delete my posts?

You cannot delete your posts, but they can be edited up to sixty minutes after posting.

Somebody I know has found me on SF, what do I do?

Contact a staff member, and depending on the severity of the situation, there are a few things that can be done, including deletion of personal information from posts, username changes or account closure (with a new account opened, however this is reserved for extreme cases only).

I can see a post that goes against the ToS of the site, how do I report it?

Click the report button, which looks like this on the default skin, and this on the element skin. This will cause an email to be sent to every member of staff with a link to the post.

My post count has gone down! Why?

This will be because a thread that you have posted in has been deleted, or a number of your posts have violated the ToS and have been removed.

I can’t post anything! Why is this?

Did you receive your validation email? If not, post a message in Troubleshooting and a member of the administration will activate your account manually.

Why isn’t chat working?

This could be down to a number of reasons. The most common is a problem with Java. An up to date version can be downloaded here (but make sure you delete any other version from your system first).
    For a list of problems and fixes please click here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you Fee :arms:

This is very helpful :)

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Very useful :) Thanks

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Great idea Fee. Thanks for taking the time to put this together and post it. I think it is quite helpful. :hug:

5. why da**et

why da**et Guest

Why have to give time of birth because of registeration? Do you give information to local healtcare of people who come this forum? Then people lose their jobs etc. because of information spills.

6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

You have to give your date of birth, because of "COPPA", where users under 13 years old, have to have their parents' permission to log in, and participate in the forum.

7. why da**et

why da**et Guest

Thanks for the answer.

8. Darkdragon44

Darkdragon44 Well-Known Member

Help with mobile chat.....how do I get out of the enterence lobby??

9. Null

Null Well-Known Member

10. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

My post count in the game room is not going up, is this a new setting in that forum or is there a problem with my account? Hope a mod can plz reply soon to let me know what is going on, ty in advance to whoever will help me understand this :)

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's actually a new setting for that specific forum; posts made in there will no longer influence post count.

12. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I noticed "Unanswered Threads" tab has vanished so only "New Posts" tab available

Just that it was ideal to check who has not had a reply to their thread and to at least acknowledge them to know we are there for them

13. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Of course though on "New Posts" you can still see who has had replies & who has not so no big deal really

14. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

That's gone? I'll check into it, didn't realize it had disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.