Frequently lacking energy.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Mar 7, 2014.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Now it doesn't matter what I eat (whether it's what is considered good/healthy or bad/unhealthy) - or how much sleep I have - (whether it's 6 or 10 hours) - I am finding that my energy levels are not as good as they maybe should be for a 29 year old male (although what energy levels a 29 year old male "should" have, isn't monitorable as everyone is different).

I don't know what else to consider trying - maybe I need assistance? But either way - I am rather annoyed - because I expect more of myself than what I am able to do.

Grr.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have you gone in and had a medical check up could be many reasons why your energy is low thyroid hemoglobin etc dehydration hope you can get in to see your doc and see why you are not feeling up to par hugs

3. SilencedFaith

SilencedFaith Member

Hi fighting_the_tide,

I'm 25 and I have the same exact problem as you. No matter what I eat, no matter how much I sleep (well, I probably slept too much), I still don't have as much energy as a person of my age should have. I do know that I have problems with low blood-pressure, low-sodium and low-iron and I think it's the low-iron that's the main culprit. For my case anyway. So maybe it's time to see a doctor and do a blood test, and see what the doctor finds out? Also, how frequent you exercise seems to affect your general energy level as well. Of course, there's always the psychological factors such as depression, etc.

Hope everything goes well for you. :)

Cheers,
    SF