Freya & Walker's Question of the Week

How often do you look in your mouth/throat with a flashlight/torch?

• More than once a month

• Once every couple of months

• Once or twice a year maybe

• I have done it once or twice in my life

• What the hell? Who does that?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
There are things you need to check out in there! Your throat hurts, you need to have a look and see what going on. I got dental issues that need checking out. Gums hurt, got to see what's going on there. Do I neeeeeed to go in or can I just rub some oragel on it and pretend the back of that tooth didn't just break off? So many things we need to investigate.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
who does this???
I had a sore throat so I looked in there and sure as shit it's all blistered and white and patchy and gross ... and Lu was like well why the hell were you looking in there? ummm well.. how would I know it was messed up if I weren't looking in there?? She claims not only has she NEVER looked in there but neither has the doctor aside of once when she'd lost her voice for a YEAR.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Yes! @Nick I need to clean my teeth with a flashlight and do a scale and polish up here, you know. I need to look for my gums. I need to look at my throat. I need to look at my tongue. Who knows?? There are a hundred reasons to be staring in there!

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I had a sore throat so I looked in there and sure as shit it's all blistered and white and patchy and gross ... and Lu was like well why the hell were you looking in there? ummm well.. how would I know it was messed up if I weren't looking in there?? She claims not only has she NEVER looked in there but neither has the doctor aside of once when she'd lost her voice for a YEAR.
He looked in there WITH A FLASHLIGHT and then proceeded to complain that when he was here he had to use the flashlight on his phone to check his throat because I don't conveniently have a throat-torch in the bathroom cabinet (and insisted that everyone does this and I am a weirdo)

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
He looked in there WITH A FLASHLIGHT and then proceeded to complain that when he was here he had to use the flashlight on his phone to check his throat because I don't conveniently have a throat-torch in the bathroom cabinet (and insisted that everyone does this and I am a weirdo)
I will buy you one. It is important to have, and the phone light is not sufficient.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Oh I see, you were sick and wanted to see about it, well, I would have just gone to the doctor, he does check the throat with all sinus/cold/flu issues.

So I guess that makes a bit more sense than waking up one day and saying "hey I need to look in my throat".

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Oh I see, you were sick and wanted to see about it, well, I would have just gone to the doctor, he does check the throat with all sinus/cold/flu issues.
Sure but if it was boring in there why would I pay them $30 to look in there when I can diagnose that myself? Now I see it looks like s**t so I can go in tomorrow to have *them* look at it but if it didn't look crappy I'd skip that for sure.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Mate, I have had to peer into many a patient's mouth over the years. In fact, the things I have had to inspect would make people shudder...
Well that doesn't account for looking into your own gullet now does it? What if something is wrong? You just ignore it or go straight to the GP? No in between here at all?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00