Friday Fun Cafe

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Good Morning everyone.

It's Friday.:yay: We made it thru another week. We should have some fun today. Now I was thinking of a pig roast>>>>:sadpanda:

Or maybe we can have chicken>>>>>>:sparkle:

Anyway I have got nothing inspirational at the moment to say other than I have decided to stick it out with the church band for the time being. You see I am not just a drummer of a praise band, but in a way I have become a minister. Not ordained by any stretch of the imagination, but by my presence there.

Many AA guys see me, and another member of the band ( also an AA fellow) and we just have to be an inspiration to them.

Not only that but I feel like, I have been called to something. I dont know what yet....but I know it has to do with helping people.

So I guess that was my inspirational message afterall. lol

Have a good day everyone.

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

well, today is going to be yet another good day. i just know it is. a little later this morning i am volunteering for a little bit at the church to help fold flyers for sunday mornings services. later i get to go to work although it's only a four hour shift. that is ok by me. plus i have a few other miscellaneous things to get done.

my biopsy results came back yesterday and they're all negative. praise God.

that's cool bill that you're in the praise band. i'm jealous you might say. i would love to be a part of the worship team. i've done those sorts of things when i was much younger although i never played an instrument. i am a singer by nature with a pretty extensive history in it. like you i also feel i'm called to do something. i know i have begun to write my testimony although i'm not quite sure just yet where that is going to lead to. although i just recently have been told by the pastor at the church i attend that they would like to film my testimony. they feel it would be very inspiring for many people. i just feel like i'm suppose to write that out, so that's begun.

anyways, i'll stop rambling now. you all take care and have a wonderful day.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That's awesome!!!!!

I did write my testimony. I was asked to do so, and apparently at some point my Pastor is going to video interview me regarding it.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Woohoo, it's Friday.

And it's raining. I just got my second shower taking the dog for a walk.

5. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

here's a joke:

what do they call a person who hangs out with musicians?

6. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i look so forward to the rain. it's so refreshing at least to me. i'm jealous you have a doggy. i want one so bad. my birthday is next week. wouldn't it be cool to get one for it? oh i wish i could. oh, well.

that's awesome bill about your testimony. i hope mine will turn out well. i'm in a writing group at church. it only meets the first and third wednesdays of the month, but what i have been writing i've been sharing there. they have been in utter awh when i've read what i've written so far. they also critique what you've written. now understand most of the people in this group are professional writers. yet, whenever i've written these things they have all told me that my writing was perfect just the way it is. i can't even begin to tell you what an honor that's been to hear that each time. after all this is a tough crowd. it's cool.

take care

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well at least you finally got clean, WC! lol

I give up, what DO they call a person who hangs out with musicians?

8. Wastingecho

a drummer (buh-dum-bum)

9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

How do you get a drummer off of your porch?

10. Wastingecho

i don't know

11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

pay for the pizza!

12. Wastingecho

how many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?

13. WildCherry

14. Wastingecho

duh...what's a light bulb?

15. WildCherry

The pizza joke went right over my head!

16. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Drummers are supposed to be so dumb that the only real job they can land is pizza delivery.

17. WildCherry

Awww!! OK, now I got it. Lol. Never heard that before.

18. Wastingecho

but other musicians are also vulnerable

why is a viola better than a violin? - they burn longer

definition of an oboe: an ill wind that no one blows well

19. WildCherry

Hahaha! I like the oboe one! :p

20. Wastingecho

what's the definition of "prefect pitch"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.