Friend has cancer...(trigger?)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has being diagnosed with cancer. She has a tumour the size of a tenis ball inside her. And by god I wishI could do something. And I feel angry that it was her. It should have been me. She's full of life and purpose yet sick and I don't want to live yet am healthy. One of lifes ironic twists. If I could give an organ or blood or whatever I would. This makes me think that there are probably a lot of ill people full of life and purpose and belonging who are in need or healthy organs and blood and whatnot and yet here I am with a healthy body. I certainly do not resent the fact that I am healthy its just that maybe I could find a purpose in being a donner and make hopefully more then one persons life better. My death could mean futures for others
  2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I don't know what regulations Australia has, but you might consider being a living donor - maybe a kidney or other. That way , you can still help others by sticking around, at least an example.

But it could happen that you do find a reason in living, a purpose in your life.

Sometimes a good psychiatrist, and the patience to find the right medications may help. I know it did for me.
  3. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

I have survived cancer for almost 11 yrs. You can go on and live a life afterwards. Just be a really good supportive friend. Believe me, you don't wish it was you to have to go through all you have to do. If I had known what the last 11 yrs. held for me though, I would not have fought. I would have let go. My life has been h*ll since then.
  4. OCD

OCD Member

My cousin died last year due to something I don't understand, it wasn't cancer, and I was really close to him, he was the only one to understand me and the only one to comfort me when I'm down and feel suicidal, he is fro Belgium and he died there and I never got to say bye to him, he has five children and a wife he left behind , I felt so lost and I just couldn't cope, I really wanted to die because I felt like I had nobody left and I felt so lonely, I was in such a depressive state and could not even start to explain to you my condition at that time, I was simply out if being sane, but I coped because I met my other cousin who had serious problems and wanted to kill himself and I helped him and it gave me a distraction,now I'm better because after I helped him, he helped me and he told me that death is not the end of it, that the person is still living but just not in his body but in our hearts and we must continue to live for them , I love my cousin so much, both of them, all you need is to realise what death is, and being a donner is really good to save other people's lives , you can give blood or a kidney while your living, and after you die (due to normal causes in the future in like many many years to come hopefully) you can give something else, but in my country it has gotten so out of control there's bad people kidnapping children and taking their organs to sell for money to doctors, I hare money loathing people
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.