Friend...I am Lost

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by InnerStrength, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

“Friend...I am Lost”

In this place
    Of self- enforced isolation
    The only source of cold
    Is the cavern in my chest

I am oblivious to the beat
    That keeps me alive
    Wondering why my existence
    Seems so contrived
    From these steely chains
    Causing lack of growing pains

Lost does not begin to describe
    The why I am
    Standing still; wrought with senseless vibes
    Like a sacrificial lamb
    With my hand wielding the axe

Lost seems so pretentious
    When I know the situation is
    infinitely bleak
    Even the lost
    have a chance of being found
    Of being unwound
    From stale bandages

If, perhaps by good fortune
    I have a true friend, I will say
    Friend...I am lost
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
  2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Great poem!!! :biggrin:
  3. You're an awesome writer. I'm sorry for your profound pain yet you express it so well. The curse...the blessing. Your really are gifted in getting it out. You add much to the battle, the struggle through the pain of this life. I am deeply moved by what you share...I hope this means something to you, even in your despair...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  4. InnerStrength

Well, it definitely strokes my ego, that's for sure, heh. It seems like you're the only one moved by my poetry, you're the first one to say that anyway. I'm not even moved by it, for me writing is a mandatory release. I loathe it, but I must continue with scribbling away, that's all I know how to do. You could call it the "Scribe's Curse."

I also find I write better when I am drunk, it allows my ideas to flow freely and uninhibited. It's a brief release from the cage...

But anyway, thanks, I appreciate the compliment. It's good to know that someone derives a benefit from what I write.
  5. I don't think lack of comment necessarily means lack of effect. Often times the reaction is too deep for words. I just happened to have found some this time. Sometimes the power of words can render one speechless. You have that gift. And your name suits you

And btw I choose the same release from my own cage - but it's killing me

6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I like your poem:smile: , but not those too familiar feelings...:sad:

7. InnerStrength

Perhaps the reason why my poems move you is because you can simply relate to them more than others. It's a profound, endless, perpetual emotional torment; very few people can relate to that.

I think my writings are more appreciated by those that think like me, or are in a similiar situation of mine. I tend to come from an alien perspective that few people truly understand.

I don't know, I've always possessed this extreme, irrational doubt that anything I do won't matter to anyone--even myself. Again, though, thanks for the comments.
  8. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

the line i love in this one
    "Even the lost
    have a chance of being found"

only because its so true...

beautifully written
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.