Friend in Trouble

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Warm Hands, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

My best friend has started intentionally overdosing on XXX.

She did it for the first time yesterday. Her dose is 0.5mg and she took 6 mg. She told me that after she did it she texted her friend and told her what she had done and her friend came and picked her up to make sure she was okay. Anyway now we're talking on msn and she's telling me that she's planning on doing it again tonight but is going to try taking 10 mg.

******* says:
    I'm planning on doing that thing witht he things tonight.
    I took 6 mg the otehr day.
    I figure if I take ten I'll be fucked up enough to need the care of a doctor.
    **** says:
    what if it's too much
    ******* says:
    Well I'm going to take them what at a time.
    So.
    If it's getting too much I don't HAVE to do ten.

Basically she feels like her life is absolute shit and no one cares about her and the only way to feel like someone does is to get so fucked up that she needs a doctor to care for her...

And I suppose all she's and her's should really be he's and his, as he has recently come out as transgendered. Not that you need to know that, but I just had to clarify for my sake.

Anyway. My question is is 10 mg going to do a lot of damage? I tried to find out what the fatal dosage might be and one site told me over 1 gram. So he's not at all close to that.. But all the same...

I'm really worried. I don't know what to do. He lives 4 hours away from me so I can't really do anything to stop him....

...help me? :sad:
    I don't know what to say...

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear about your friend...all you can do is to continue to express how you care and what this would mean to you...can he come to you to visit? if not, you can also suggest that he comes here to SF to get the support he needs (as well as seeking professional help)...big hugs, J

3. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I agree with Sadeyes.

I'm not sure if I should be saying this, but prepare for the worst. If something happens, know it's not your fault (guilt is inevitable, I know, but it helps to hear it).

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

if you fear for friends saftey call someone the family the police crisis given them the friends number if you truly fear for her saftey then call someone okay that takes you fear away and you know you did everything you could to keep friend safe. take care

5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I agree with violet. Call someone who can pick up your friend and get her the attention she needs.

6. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

Thank you all for replying.

He ended up going out with a couple friends last night, so he didn't do it. But I have no doubt that he'll do it again sometime soon.

I talked to my other best friend about the situation as the three of us are all really close, and she and I were thinking about talking to her mum about it... But I was a little hesitant about that idea becuase I felt that ultimately his mum wouldn't be able to do much from here and it would just upset her.

I just keep telling him I care and that I love him and that I'm really looking forward to him coming home to visit in a couple weels. I also tell him that he can text me at any time if he overdoses and things start to get bad...

But I don't know any of his friends up there or anything and I don't even know his address so I couldn't even call 911 and tell them where to go.. Maybe I should ask him for that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.