friend lost fight

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by tigerpx, Dec 1, 2010.

1. tigerpx

tigerpx Active Member

Hey peeps,

as you probly already know: I lost a good friend, who was fighting against lungcancer. But I cant "accept" it. I just cant or want to, its too unbelievable that he is gone. It just cant be true!! He !! noo - never.. I dont know what to do, it hurts everytime i think about it, specially today after the funeral.

Thats why i dont wanna have any friends/friendship, just pain. Just driving me crazy. Good people, like him, always helping other ppl, always there if u need help, always with good mood, cheering u up if u are sad etc. .. gone .. just gone .. for always. Full of life, lots of plans .. for nothing ... just of the fucking cancer ... He didnt do anything bad in his whole life, nothing ..

Its just, I dont know what to do, feel so helpless ... and ... empty right now ..

crying Pea
  2. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

rest in peace i hope.. i shall pray for him..
  3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

im sorry for your loss pea
    its hard to lose one you love but you must try to carry on for their sake he wouldnt want you sad
    you done very well getting through the funeral today you must use the good memorys of him to drive you forward
    its true when they say only the good die young
    the best thing you can do is live life like he wanted too
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that he's gone.

I bet that your life is better off for having him in it though, and I bet he was better off having you in his life too.

I bet that your friend would want you to feel better, he would want to you to be happy. And I bet he would want you to still meet other friends.

I think the best thing that you can do now in memory of him is to help to comfort family/friends that he loved. And you may find some comfort in that too.

I know that this must hurt so much, but think of the people who have never had such a good person in their lives.
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So sorry for your loss...J
  6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

No reason why you should accept it - allow yourself to feel the way you feel x