Friend probably getting abused soon

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Krem, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I've a friend. She's 14 or 15. She lives really, really far away. I don't know her address, telephone number, her parents' emails, or their telephone numbers. She has been sexually abused before, but won't go into specifics (And I don't ask her to.)

She befriended a 28 year old some time ago, over a forum of a show they both enjoy. This man has said that he 'wants her', and is going to meet her on friday. She has told him she is not interested. She told me that she's scared, and doesn't know what to do. I adviced her to alert security over this, so they can, if not stop him from coming, watch over them to see if he does something. I've also adviced her to alert other authorities, even, perhaps, her parents.

I have told her, previously, that grown men, who are not retarded, related, know her friends or family, are very, very rarely interested in her as a friend, or for her mind at all. She said that wasn't true, she's mature for her age, and so on. Which she is, but not enough to be close to an equal of an actual adult. She'd not hear it, is too proud, and so on. This man, though I won't say it to her face, is most likely a paedophile.

After I advice her, she tells me to "forget it", that she'll sleep on it.

What can I do? What should I do? This enrages me, for I can not give her aid, and fills me with dread, for I know what he'd do, and she can't fight back. And she won't listen to what I had to say.
  2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yea, it's a hard situation when someone you know over the net could be in possible danger. Personally, I think the best thing is to get her to atleast tell the cops or something. But then again, if she told the cops they'd basically reply with a "darling, that's probly a pedo. We don't suggest you do it.".

Because you did say he 'wanted' her. Isn't that enough of a heads up that he may do something to her? And she is only 14/15. Wayyyy to young to be dealing with a guy of 28. It's a shame that you don't have her phone number or something, because she could atleast call you if it went pear shaped. Maybe you could ask her that? If you could have her number and just get her to update you on what happens etc?
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

do you know her parents names so you could find their number in the phone book maybe?
    do you know the forum whre she met him and alert the moderators to him?
    It's worth risking the friendship to know you prevented her from being hurt..
    I commend you for trying to help her and understand your concern..
  4. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

When I say far away, I mean "more than half the world over" far.

No, don't know her parents' name.

I'll try more tommorow, in regards to "physically" contacting someone there, by phone or such.
  5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Any word Krem?
  6. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

He brought up her previous abuses, she's not sure how he found out. She's a wreck, been crying almost non-stop.

Thankfully, though, he didn't do anything physical to her, as far as I know. I'll try and ask her if she has stopped all contact with him, or told him, at the very least, never to mention anything similar again unless she brings it up, but I'll do so later, when she's less fragile.

Could've been worse, but could also have been avoidable. I'll also try and tell her to listen to me next time, but that's a real douche move, so I'll do it later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.