Friend talking of suicide some time this month

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Minto, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minto

Minto Member

So I have a friend who just IMed me talking of suicide, and I donno what the hell to do.
    He said it'd happen within this month, and honestly, I wouldn't doubt it.
    And it's not just for attention either, because he doesn't talk about it at school, and he's only telling me and one other person.
    He's been suicidal since around 9, his father used to beat him, and well his mom is just a bitch. He has tried and almost succeed killing himself once before to my knowledge.
    He told me he was going to wait until 19 but decided to now because of a girl.
    Here's part of the conversation
    "Him-
    Ever since I was 9 years old I've been feeling like shit. I'm fucking done. And [Girl] just made everything worse. She fucked with my emotions when they were already fucked with from the start. I'm fucking done. I know she didn't do it intentionally, but she broke my heart. Twice. And this is what caused me to decide to do this this year.
    Him-
    *But there's no talking about this at school, or to your mom, your dad, nobody. Or it's over faster.
    Me-
    *What the hell [Girl]
    You really need to stop getting involved with her |:
    Him-
    *I love her. Still. Even through all the pain she's caused me. There's something about her. Her personality is beautiful, her appearance is beautiful, she's smart, she's everything I ever wanted in life. Yet she screws me over. She's the kind of person I want to spend the rest of my life with. But I can't anymore. I used to think that I would never even be in any sort of relationship with anyone. But then Emily came and picked me off my feet and saved me. But it turned out she just built me up just to knock me down
    *I'm not going to ever love anyone again. So I might as well kill myself. All that added onto all the shit I've already been dealing with is just too much. It's an instikill."

So what should I do?
    I mean I'm really not sure what to do. |:
    Because I don't doubt that he'd just do it soon if I told someone.
    Help?

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Okay this ain't easy as my first thought is call his family for his own safety but he may be just trying to reach out at this point so in that case tell him about us so we can talk to him and he can talk about how he feels. Many of us here have dealt with this sort of thing before...hell you can give him my email address and I will speak with him you think that may work...he needs to talk he really does and this is too much for you to have to carry.

If he has already acted, like taken something, then you need to help save his life and that means involving others that can act NOW.

Please let me know how this goes I am deeply concerned

You are a GREAT friend for helping this person, I wish I had a friend like you many years ago.
    Bambi

3. Minto

Minto Member

Well, as far as I know he hasn't acted on it yet, but plans to this month sometime.
    And honestly, I don't really get the feeling he really wants to live much...
    So I don't know if he'd come here or not but I guess I can try.

Edit -
    Actually referring him here would probably be a bad idea, in case he saw this...
    "...nobody. Or it's over faster."

4. Minto

Minto Member

Well, it sounded like I got him feeling a bit better, but I'm not real sure after he said that the conversation he had with the girl made him cry a lot, and crying a lot makes him tired so we was going to bed
    I told him that I wasn't gonna try to convince him not to or anything, but if he wanted to talk to someone I'd listen
    and let him go to bed.
    It's 1:30 in the morning
    I have school tomorrow
    and I've been practically falling asleep 1st period this entire week
    So I'm going to bed I'm exhausted.
    I'll check back tomorrow with updates.
    Thanks, night everyone

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Yes please do...you are a great friend and if there is anything I can do to help you can PM me and I will give you my contact info...you could say you know someone that went through something similar and I will talk to him too...sounds like he is gonna need professional help and maybe together we can get him to do it or maybe even just you as you are clearly very resourceful.
    Well take care, get some sleep for YOU and let us know tomorrow,
    Bambi

6. Minto

Minto Member

Well he already has a therapist or something to that effect.
    I may try and tell him I know someone who's gone through something similar if he'd like to talk to you.
    I'll probably say you're an old online friend or something just so you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.