Friend thinking of taking suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Anders, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anders

Anders New Member

A friend of mine is thinking of taking suicide. She keeps saying she will give me letters and that it'll be better like this. I don't know what to do, I've tried everything.

I have talked to her mom, and she said that she was thankful for making her aware of the situation.

This whole situation is making my depression a bit off, and I don't know how to handle this.

She is 16, athletic, thin, etc.
    I am also 16, I am a boy.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Anders. Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry this is happening. Your friend is very lucky to have you - someone who cares as much as you do. You did a really good thing by telling her mom. :hug:

You said you are also depressed. Please make sure that you take care of yourself, too. I'm glad you joined up here so you have a place for support, too.

Be safe and take care of yourself!
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

You can take a breather if you cannot handle it, separate yourself from the situation for few days if she is pulling you down.

I have a friend I had to stop talking to for a while because that friend will put me in negative mojo for rest of the evening with wanting to kill himself and not wanting to get the help. It was stressful. But he and I are talking as he is postive and said he won't put me in the situation for me to call the cops if he threatens to kill himself again. It's because I care too much about my friends and he knows that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.