Friend threataned to commit suicide. Please help!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by NeedsAdvice921, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeedsAdvice921

NeedsAdvice921 New Member

My friend Kristina told me that she wants to kill herself. She told me that she tried twice, the first time by xxxx, and the second time by trying to xxxx.

I love her and she is a dear friend of mine, and I know I should seek help, but last year she had cuts on her arm and she got called down to the office of our school and they made a big deal over it, and the whole school new, worsening her depression, and I'm afraid if I go to the school I'll make her depression worse.

I have no idea why she's depressed, but she has told me that it's my fault, although I haven't done anything wrong.

Please, HELP ME!!!!!

Yours in desperation,

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2010
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you can't be expected to keep this a secret. how old is she? sounds like you are in high school. tell an adult. teacher, counsellor, parent? she will thank you for it later, even though she will probably be mad at you right now. she's not thinking right, sorry to state the obvious. take her threat seriously and get her some help.
  3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Hi Patrick,

Regardless of what has happened and whether she feels it's your fault or not, just be aware that you are showing yourself to be a true, true friend by still caring and seeking help on her behalf.

As to advice, are there any helplines in the US equivalent to the Samaritans line this side of the pond?

May I also ask how the whole school knew about the situation last time? If it was not announced by staff, then I think you should assume your concerns will be treated in confidence by them. Do her parents have any inkling about the situation? Could you possibly call them or speak to them in person about it?

Hope these ideas may set things in motion,
    Much love,
  4. NeedsAdvice921

Thank you so muc for your reply. I'll see if I can get some of my friends to go to an adult with me, because I don't think I have the strength to do it myself. I can't believe that they've not gone to anyone about this.
  5. NeedsAdvice921

People saw her getting pulled out of class to the councellor's office. I guess a few people saw the scars on her arm and made the connection, and then they told people.
  6. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

tell someone you know who is descreet with this information, call her parents or a doctor
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Maybe you should tell her parents that she is suicidal?
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is clearly not your fault...she told you to throw you off so she would not be revealed...are there any trusted adults you can talk to who might know her too? Also, if she is over 13, she can register here and get support....also, she is so fortunate to have a friend like you are a good soul...J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.