Friend threatening to commit, I have no energy left for living

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by winduptoy, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winduptoy

winduptoy Active Member

A friend of mine has been hinting threats that she's going to kill herself. Today she mailed me some things of hers that she wanted me to have. I've tried calling, but no reply. I've tried a number of ways to reach her, with no luck.

I guess what will be will be, but I'm scared and sad.

The rest of my life is also pretty miserable. My girlfriend often seems disinterested, though she says she isn't. My mother is very critical of me - which is fair because I am a complete mess, but it also adds to my stress.

I can't even write about things in an interesting way now. It's the same shit over and over. I feel unloved and unwanted. I don't want to live my life for myself. And right now it feels like no one would really care if I died. I'm miserable and just want away from it all.

Thanks for listening.
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I am sorry it's such a hard time for you wut - life can get pretty difficult at times, it's true. I am sorry to hear about the pressure from your mum - perhaps something you could say to her next time could be along the lines of "Mother dearest, what is going to become of our relationship if all I'm hearing is stuff that actually damages it?" It's an empowering question for her that hopefully may stop her in her tracks and get her thinking.

Regarding your friend, if you have done all within your power to contact her, there's not much else you can do.

Feelings are awful things when they are so down on us. But, they can also be an indicator of the opportunity to take them in hand and start addressing them - literally out loud if necessary - that they are not accurate indicators of reality and that you have more going on for your future than believing them. :)
  3. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

Hang in there winduptoy. I'm here for you. Feel free to rant.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think perhaps hun you could call a crisis line and get someone over there. If you have your friends number they will trace it and get her help
  5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

The best and easiest thing to do if she is telling you these things would be to call the police and they will take it from there. Most police forces have deployment times of under five minutes so they would get to her pretty fast, regardless of if she actually goes through with it or is simply wishing for help, they will be able to make the right call and get her the right mental health they think is necessary. But if you do nothing and she does actually go through with her plans, then you every day you will have a constant reminder of how you had the chance to save someone you were really close to but let them go anyway - is that really something that you want?
  6. winduptoy

winduptoy Active Member

It would be hypocritical of me. If she really doesn't want to live, I can't force her to for my sake.
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you are not going to help you she cannot see her illness she cannot see her depression is giving her distorted thoughts You know they are You can help her get the support she needs to stay safe and to heal simple as that if you have her number call crisis and send someone there to help her. If she did not want help she would not be reaching out to you right she is wanting help but cannot get it on her own You be the friend and do that if not you phone her parents and give them that responsibility but do something
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.