Friend wanting to commit sucide over loss of a relationship.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by johnmcfly, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnmcfly

johnmcfly New Member

I want to make this very clear, thats this is not about me, it is about my best friend, we are both guys.

My best friend has been in alot of relationships, even though he is only a senior in high school. This year he started a new one, and he fell madly in love with her, but they are slowly breaking apart. He has been in suicidal moods before, but not like this. I'm scared and I don't know what to do. I've spent the last three hours texting him because he won't answer his phone. He has logged into Google on my computer, which means I have full access to his Google account. One think I found is the Android Location History, so I do know where he is at all times, as long as his phone is with him.

Anyways, he has been in many relationships, and they have all ended quickly in terrible ways. This one he thought would last, he was expecting to have her in college. He is currently breaking up with her now, I'm not sure if they are actually through yet, as I don't want to bring up that subject, and he won't say. I've told him all the usual, reasons to live, that hes not a disapointment to everyone, even telling him that hes the most important thing in my life(which is actually true). I don't have a car or any way of transport to go to his house, and he refuses to come to mine. He keeps telling me that he is done and has no hope, he doesn't care about the future.

I've only been friends with him for three years, but hes the best friend I've ever had, and I can't stand to see him this way. I don't think he will do it, but theres still that small chance that I can't risk. I've never had to delt with someone wanting to commit sucide before, so I'm not sure what other details I need to include, so let me know what else I should add. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love him like a brother, and I just want him to get better. :(
  2. Murphycide

Murphycide New Member

One thing you do not want to do really is keep tabs on him through his devices. The one real thing to do is be there for him as a friend, listen to him when he wants to talk about suicide and keep reassuring him how much you do love him as a friend. There are plenty of hotlines but a really good friend is what someone like him needs. Let him know that you have no idea how he is feeling but you care about him enough to be there for him. He will go through ups and downs with life but friends and family help get you through it. Good luck and hope you can help him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.