friend

Discussion in 'Rape & Abuse' started by scared_child, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

I just found out that a friend of mine was raped/molested (not sure which) over the summer. i turned in the guy that raped me, on friday, and now my friend is telling me what happened to him. i am one of the 2 or 3 people he has ever told...omg...I don't know what to say to him. He asked "why me?" and I didn't know what to say, other than that I really didn't know, about why it happened to him, or myself for that matter. What should I say to him?

2. Shattered_oblivion

Shattered_oblivion Active Member

You know what, babe, there's not really much you can do. Adviseing him to report, could just make him go away, yet the only thing I know to do, is to just be there. He'll tell you what he wants to, but not until he's ready, pushing anything or trying to talk to him about it may just make it worse. Just let him know you'll be there, and see what happens, if you find out any more, just tell me.

3. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

I LOVE YOU!

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The best thing ypu can do for your friend is offer your support should it be needed. The answer to why will never be known. Encourage him to turn the person in if he can, but don't push the issue as some people cannot take that step. Maybe you can be strong for each other. Neither of your situations are easy ones. Take care hun. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.