Friendless Birthdays

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

It's my birthday in four weeks and I'm dreading it. :(
    How does everybody else deal with friendless birthdays?
  2. xan

xan Chat Buddy

My 21st sucked... it's not that I didn't have people I could have invited, I just thought it would have been shit and I'd have felt worse.

Instead I spent it with one person and just went out for dinner claiming that's all I really wanted to do... Could try doing something with one person? Or just treat yourself to something special, a spa day or do something crazy like skydiving?
  3. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I've spent so many birthdays and holidays alone now that I can't even begin to count them. I cope by finally making them simply mean nothing to me. Before that it hurt. Maybe it still does but I don't allow myself to think about it. Mostly.
  4. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I think all of my birthdays have been friendless since I was 13 (and I had no friends before that). Up until now each birthday has been spent either watching boring programs on TV or checking an empty e-mail box every few minutes. I just try to forget the fact that one more year has passed and I'm still in the same state of annual depression.
  5. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

I know how you feel.
    All my birthdays have been just me and my parents and occasionally sister.
    I used to invite people when i was in school but nobody ever came.
    I still have hope that one day ill get a surprise party from people. That would be so nice. I envy people with lots of caring friends on they're birthdays.
  6. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. My birthday is in six weeks and I have nowhere to go or anybody that I want to spend it with. I'll probably get a gift certificate from my parents and maybe an email card from my brother, and that will be it.
  7. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I haven't celebrated my birthday, friendless or not, in many many years. Getting older alone is nothing to celebrate.
  8. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i get paid in 3 weeks. ill help you celebrate? you shouldnt have to be alone.
  9. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

All of my birthdays have been friendless. I've just become numb to it. My birthday is in 3 weeks and I will do nothing just like I have on all of the other ones. I hope you can find something nice to do on your birthday. :hug:
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I spent three years in a row on the phsyc ward..For the rest I just get moody and not talk to anyone..I don't have birthdays anymore i'm too old..
  11. Aurora Gory Alice

:hug: :hug:
  12. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I spent the last couple of them alone. And before that even when i lived with family i spent them alone. Not that i mind though. Its all fine to me. To me its just another day.
  13. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

i spent my birthday on sf, but a few memebers made me feel so special. whens the big day? i'll call you if youre in the uk or send you a pm!! :hug:
  14. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

If there is one subject sure to "trigger" with me, its birthdays.

I have never really had a birthday, not one with any friends, from childhhod to adult. I have never ever had a birthday party in my life.

My 18th birthday, I sat in my bedroom by myself (nowhere to go)
    My 21st Birthday I sat in the shopping mall and cried my eyes out.
    Nearly every other birthday, I am working.

I do not get cards or presents, except a small one from my wife.

I do not even get anything from my own family or wife's family.
  15. neoprint

neoprint Member

My birthday was on friday. I wanted to just go out and get a meal with my mum, but no she had to drag the tard squad along (my lying cheating father, my arrogant braindead jock prick of a brother who I hate more than anyone, and my sisters retarded fiance who's constantly on at me about my weight and needs a fucking bullet to the brain).

Was awesome. I got to hear from pretty much everyone about how much of a failure I was. Ended up standing up halfway though the meal and telling everyone to go fuck themselves, stormed out and went and did some skids in my car (always helps)
  16. Aurora Gory Alice

Aw thanks Rose that's sweet. :) It's on September 3rd. I am going to bury myself in chocolate cake.

hahaha Hadlee, I wish I had the guts to stand up and tell my family what I think of them. Go you!!
  17. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Nobody's too old.

Can't remember, most of the time I'm running away from something or another or hiding from any show of 'affection.' The last one was alright I suppose......:mellow: Maybe it was good cos it was the first one without my exgf, in a long long time.
  18. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

For me a birthday is no different from any other day, empty and pointless. If i live to see my 23rd it will be my last.
  19. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Like others have said, I dread my birthdays and have for a long time. But I've always been great at helping others celebrate theirs. One of the best birthdays in years was the one I spent online at SF in May.
  20. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

i also have a friendless bday 2 look 4ward 2 :( .. on tuesday .. i shall be 22 ..
    making me feel sad even typing it !
    i dont know how im going 2 deal with it .. i guess i wont .. i plan 2 get drunk by myself as usual .. mabye light a candle in a muffin .. thats about it ..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.