Friends don't actually care

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheSubordinateHemeroid, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSubordinateHemeroid

TheSubordinateHemeroid Account Closed

What do you do when you find out your best friends actually don't care about you? =(

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Wow been struggling with the same issue for a while now. I know it hurts. Especially when you feel like you have so few friends to start with. I know with me I only have a very scant few that I call friends and even though they are, there are so many things that I just cant tell them. The feelings of isolation are so strong.

Hun you do exactly what you are doing now. Post all about it. Get the feelings of loss and hurt out. Members here can well understand exactly how you are feeling. So please post some more about what has brought you here. You arent alone when you are here. Let us try and help you through this.

3. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Did anything in particular happen to make you think your friends don't care about you?

4. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

Well, I came here. It's not that they don't care, but, they just don't get it. Like, they don't get how I go from happy, to sad, to excited, to manic. So, honestly, it actually helped me a lot coming to a forum like this, where I can express my feelings and actually get feedback that helps.

5. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

It's probably not that they don't care but more that they don't understand and they are scared of what they say that may make it worse.

x

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Big :hug: sweetie. What actually happened?

7. contemplative

contemplative Member

yeah I know what you're saying. My friends don't fully comprehend the whole emotions thing either. But they do care. That's why this forum is a good thing, people wo get what we go through are here. Our friends are just as important though.

8. MileEater

MileEater New Member

I felt like this for a long time. I realized my understanding was wrong, they did care, but I wasn't their responsibility. They couldn't help me. Nothing ever did help. Time passed, I have good days and mostly bad days. I'm older and my family and friends have either died or moved away. I was too broken for them to help me, so it wasn't important if they cared or not. They could only empathize with me so long before they needed to do some of their own living too.

In my experience the best way to feel better is to do something unselfishly for someone else. Give freely of yourself and expect nothing in return. If you can truly do this your reward will be feeling better about yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.