friends who don't care

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Mar 10, 2013.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I wish I had friends who care...they only care when they have a problem. One said she was too lazy to reply to my emails...gee thanks...why do I bother I wonder....maybe I care too much or expect too much to have a reply...

the other one replies only when he has nothing else better to do...

it's so hard to find friends...good friends...idk...all I know is I always have time for friends, or I make time for them....why can't that be mutual?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

My friends aren't that great either, so I know how you feel. Especially when I need help the most, that's when they all seem to leave, or stop caring. I hope you do find friends who will act more like real friends.
  3. PureBlueLight

PureBlueLight Well-Known Member

I care so much about the rare people i like, i end up losing them all! So i have no friends.
  4. morning rush

thank you both for replying :)

I never got how hard it is for others to care and be there...I mean if a friend has an emergency I will make sure to drop whatever I can to help...but I haven't met anyone with my standards...I know that life sometimes gets in the way of people but idk...

I guess I'm a bit lonely too
  5. PureBlueLight

PureBlueLight Well-Known Member

Don't be lonely please, distract yourself with something or someone you like.
  6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Morning Rush, I can identify with your feelings here! Maybe the difference is "standards" as you also mention somewhere above. It can be hard to know if someone really has the same standards until we put them to the test. That means some disappointments along the way, I guess. Some people really are not "in depth" sorts who will be there for us, though they say they will be. Yet, with some trial and error, we can usually find a few of those gems of people who are a good fit with us.

Please keep looking. You deserve to have friends who care about you as much as you care about them!
  7. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

Rule 1: Look out for yourself. Everyone has problems, no one wants to hear yours.

I guess that's what I've learned. When I fell, I fell hard. They say your true friends will show their colors when you are at your lowest; they all left.

There are no childhood friends I'm still in touch with, no friends from high school or college buds (so I assume I won't have a best man at my wedding, assuming I get married). There is just me. I ride the bus alone, study alone, eat alone and hangout alone. I moved two states away, deleted my facebook, deleted every number in my cell phone. Fuck everyone I used to know. If they cared about me and wanted to be my friend then it wouldn't have to be ME always making the making the effort to stay in touch with everyone.

I'm home for spring break. I haven't talked to anyone in my home town. This house isn't a home. This city I've lived in for 22 years is now a foreign land to me. I hate it here and would never return if it weren't for my dog. Even my family I can't stand. I'm 22 years old and my mom still says "well at least take 2 bites" if I don't like something at dinner. I'M 22 IF I DONT FUCKING LIKE IT IM NOT GOING TO EAT IT! I found a Christmas present from my Godfather, he always gets me cereal as a joke. So I went down to get a bowl of it, and of course I can't step foot in the kitchen without being criticized about what I eat. But besides that, I went to pour a bowl of my cereal and my mom pretty much did everything short of getting out the camera and taking a picture of me eating it; announces to everyone that I'm going to eat my christmas present, and then just stares at me. When people are talking and it becomes non PG13, my mom will still, jokingly, say "cover your ears, you shouldn't be listening to this, you're only 7". I ignored her. I didn't crack a smile, I didn't even look at her. IM FUCKING 22 STOP FUCKING TREATING ME LIKE A CHILD. With my sisters, even at 22, it was "Do you want us to cook you a plate for dinner with us tonight?" With me it's "Ok if you aren't going to eat I don't want to see you snacking". Then every time I walk into the kitchen my parents get pissed if I want to eat something else. I can't go out to eat with my mom without her reading the menu to me and telling me "you might like this, you might like that. Oh! They have this. You've had that before and you really liked it! Get something healthy as a side... yada yada yada." I hate it.

So there's only me. And that's how it always going to be. I don't want a girlfriend, I've given up on relationships.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  8. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I have to hold my hands up and say I'm guilty of doing just that. I only reply to messages when I'm in a calm mood, or at least feeling a little social. If I was forced to reply whilst in a down period then the reply would be rather rude and abrupt.

Damn, I can relate to that!
  9. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Friends are hard. And I'm never confident they WANT to hear from me. Everything should be easier. I don't know if I make it hard or if others do or if I have subconscious expectations and that makes it hard...all I seem to know for sure is people let us down whether they mean to or not. I recommend a backup of dogs/puppies. They're ALWAYS happy to see you come home (or back into a room). :D
  10. morning rush

lol I have two guinea pigs :) pets are the best remedy sometimes