Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by dodie, Aug 19, 2016.

1. dodie

dodie Member

I think I found the right spot.

Partly due to my depression, and my impatience with people, more and more friends are burdensome and I feel I would prefer a good book I know I need to be with people so push myself as best I can.

One person, who is v. lonely and trying v. hard, calls me daily early. I told her I go out early due to the heat. She says she likes my ans. machine and wants to give me her sked. The phone ringing drives me nuts. I am v. sensitive to noise. I do call her later in the day and try to keep the conversation short.

I go to a pool daily because I need to exercise in the water. Lately an old acquaintance who is a bore has been coming to sit with me. I deliberately put my head in my book. Hopeless. I am not interested in what she is talking about and haven't been able to steer the conversation to what would interest me.

I know I am impatient with people and much more sensitive than I have ever been.
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Can you turn your phone ringer off?
  3. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

I am an extremely solitary person also but it's important to force ourself to socialize.

It's always a burden for me to go with other people but at the same time i want to be loved and appreciated, so i force myself.

Good luck

4. dodie

dodie Member

Thank u very much for the feedback. I don't think I can turn off the ringer. I also feel that I must push myself to communicate with friends. I find myself smiling into the phone and agreeing with them unless it is really a serious matter and they may be headed in the wrong direx.

There are times when I barely listen so I say "interesting."

At least I'm trying.:(:rolleyes: