Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Aquariamethystea, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, during the past 24 hours, I have been ridiculed and laughed at about my disability by someone I have known for over one year, and I have been ignored and lied to about a myspace issue by someone else, a person who also told me that I am not talented. I have had enough with this life. If friends are going to hurt me, just like how my family has hurt me, then I'm going to take my untalented, disabled self, to death, so that I can find talent and health on the island.
  2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I think it is absolutely disgusting for any person to taunt another about a disability, these people are usually quite ignorant of disability as a whole. Please dont let these people take away your life hun pm anytime and hang in there:sad:
  3. Thank you for the reply, Dawn.

I am also very hurt when people break me even more, causing me to get even more depressed than ever before. It hurts to have to listen to someone who verbally insults about disabled people, while your friend sits there laughing with the person who is making the rude remarks, and even commenting back with them as if what they said was appropriate, which of course, it was not. I've realized now that I probably was never really liked by them. I only was used for what I could provide to them financially, despite that I didn't mind spending money on them. I just thought that they really liked me for me, not for my money. They obviously never cared that I was disabled, otherwise, they wouldn't have "poetically" insulted me about something which was a very personal issue that I have no control about.
    Another "friend" of mine probably was right when they stated that I'm not talented, other than to be able to convince them to finally show some respect to me about a minor issue which was turned into a major crisis by the both of us. Obviously, I don't deserve respect, and I really ought to be dead, so that these friends can go live more productive lives, rather than to waste their time dealing with someone who isn't even worth it.
  4. Innocent

Innocent Guest

Kurt if any of this has something to do with me I'm going to tell you straight out that you are misinterpreting things, again, and you should talk to me in person. It hurts me a lot that after how long we have known eachother and all we have been through that you think I am just using you. And I already explained to you about that poem...I wrote that poem, like a month ago? It was NOT about your disability. *sigh* I'm going to stop right need to talk to me personally if there is a problem, there is a lot of misinterpretation here....
  5. I think your friend that said you were not talented was not serious. I think you had a very bad evening before and misinterpreted things and took things to extremes, as you tend to do when you're distressed. You do seem to get overly defensive after having a bad day/night and people do tend to lash out at their loved ones (friends, family, etc.) because they feel safe enough to blow off some steam at them.
    I think you should relax and reevaulate everything. I understand your disability is a major issue for you but one bad experience yesterday evening turned your entire day upside down and you now seem to be overreacting about a lot of things. You are perfect the way you are. Some people just like to pick on people's flaws and that's it. It is hurtful that a friend would not stick up for you when you felt you were being attacked for such a flaw but it just shows you who your true friends are. :hug:
    You do NOT need to be dead but you DO need to relax about things and not react so harshly. You say you felt disrespected by another friend over a minor issue that has now turned into a major one--maybe you're overracting, you already admit that it is minor. Why make minor matters major? If it was minor then I'm guessing you came to your friend harshly about it and, quite possibly, offended them and that's why things have now become major. I'd suggest to calm down and discuss things with that friend again.
    As for the other friend, I'm not sure. That's your call but I certainly couldn't deal with a "friend" allowing another person to make fun of me. I'd say clear away from the friend for a little while so you can gather your feelings on the matter and confront them properly so that they will fully understand your feelings on the matter.

Anyway, I love you and I hope you're having a better day :hug: :cheekkiss
  6. Innocent

Innocent Guest

If that's the way you are going to make it Kurt I don't want to be friends with you anymore.

I'm tired of things always being twisted to make me look bad. You do it to others on a regular basis as well. If you have a problem with somebody then you should say something instead of acting as if nothing is wrong and then the next day they find out you are telling everyone about it and it's a major crisis. I don't appreciate you telling ppl I did something I didn't.

I think you purposely misinterpret things so that you can get the most sympathy possible once you turn it into a situation to discuss with your online friends. Well I hope you are getting all that you wanted, you won't get any from me anymore.
  7. Excuse me, but I did not mention any names here, so I don't think anyone should be trying to accuse me of speaking about anyone specifically, as it is my right to post about my feelings concerning my life, as long as I don't get specific into who I am talking about exactly. Innocent, you brought yourself into this, when you didn't need to. You were the person to let everyone reading this know it was you I was talking about, so don't complain when I discuss my feelings about the situation here, as it was not my intention to target you personally, but rather discuss how I felt hurt about the event itself. You could have ended the conversation with the guy when you heard how rude he was being about people. Since you knew how he is, how could you allow me to be subjected to hate speech without defending me as your friend? That will be all I will say about you personally here, since this is a place to discuss feelings, not to have personal disputes. Anyways, I felt hurt by the event, as it was very uncomfortable for me. I also was hurt by the comment made by the person who said that I was not talented. I think if friends insult friends on accident, they ought to apologize for doing so.
  8. Innocent

Innocent Guest

IF you were offended by something my friend said, you should have said so, instead of acting just fine and then coming to complain about it here. But to clarify nothing was said about you. I DID NOTHING WRONG TO YOU. But whatever, good bye.
  9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I don't know what actually happened here, but it is my personal opinion that friends should be given the benefit of the doubt where these things are concerned and these things should be handled privately.

It is not surprising that Innocent felt defensive.

The fact is, sometimes we accidentally hurt people's feelings, and when we do, our friends should give us the chance to explain or make things right without having it paraded publicly on a forum even if it IS anonymous to a degree.

BP, I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, and that blows. But in life, sometimes you need to learn to say "fuck it" and move on, rather than using it as a reason or excuse to declare your wish to end your life. God forbid that should send someone over the edge themselves and cause them to hurt themselves also.

This sounds like a misunderstanding that could have been cleared up with a simple adult conversation.

10. The events itself, are not the reason for me suiciding. It is a part of everything bad which has happened in my life accumulating to this point in time. The complete disrespect of people toward me.
  11. :hug:

Kurt, you will always be my friend and I will never disrespect you. Please hang on.

12. Thank you, Sarah. :hug:
  13. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

BP: Please try not to let others' opinions or attitudes towards you affect who you are. BE who you are without their cynicism and derision. If we all let others' opinions of us dictate our actions we would all be dead. You are a good and loving person who deserves better than this. Don't allow yourself to be entrapped by petty insecurities. You are MORE than the opinions of others. FIGHT for yourself, dammit!
  14. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I know about your disability and too want be your friend. You also do have talents. Can we be friends for longer?
  15. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

There's the good, the bad and the down right ugly.

The person who taunted you about your disabillity is ugly and pathetic. Don't let what they have said, get to you too much.
  16. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

Hugs Kurt, hope you feeling better.
  17. danni

danni Chat Buddy

Hey kurt you and me talk a couple time of the phone and you know i'm a freinds that would never hurt anyone. So please hang on i know its hard for you with your family but just remember what i told oyu on the phone and i call you later to night to see how you are doing :hug:
  18. Innocent

Innocent Guest

Tell the truth
  19. Thank you for your support. The person who mentioned the issue about my being untalented, explained that they didn't mean it to be insulting, and that it was a misunderstanding, though they did apologize for that. I haven't talked with the people who were involved in hurting me regarding my disability though. The person knew that the other person is a very obscene individual, yet they allowed me to be subjected to very harsh words. At least what the person could have done, was to stop him from talking once he got obscene, though they didn't stop it. What hurt me more, was my ex-friend's continued acceptance of what he was saying. Anyways, I need to stop allowing people to use me and abuse me, which is what has been done to me for a long time.
  20. Innocent, maybe you should just avoid this thread, because you unneccessarily threw yourself into this when I hadn't mentioned your name here in this. I don't want to talk with you on MSN, on the phone, or in person. Robin has asked me to refrain from getting into disputes over personal issues here on SF. I want to try to respect him about it. You did hurt me very much. I have told the truth about the event, and if you were a good friend to me, you wouldn't have allowed me to get hurt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.