Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kibure, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kibure

Kibure Member

This sounds very stupid, please forgive me. But I can't seem to make friends. I have always had trouble making friends. I am shy and quiet, and when I do make friends they often are very controlling or abusive. How can I make the right kind of friends?
  2. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

You could try joining groups for people who are into things that you like to do...or find out where they hang out and go over there. Like say you were into chess, join a chess club. Ok, bad example, but you know what I mean :)
    You could try making email penpals online so you get into the way of talking to people more, too. I've found that to be a good thing in the past :)
    Good luck, and if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me :)

3. Kibure

Kibure Member

I am not in school, so I am very clueless as to where to find clubs to join. Since I just moved here I don't know where to go to hang out. I email one friend online, but she is in Texas and I am not and she does not get online much. Where is best to find people?
  4. timezone

timezone Member

you are in a very hard situation. school is a great place to make friends. If you don't go to school, then go somwhere(gym, soccer practice, university, seminars, clubs) you need to meet people, just don't stay at home. finding places is not hard.... get your car or your bike and go around. if you have money then get a cab and ask him where the young people drink

about you shyness. just speak, start conversations, make compliments to someobdy that is telling a story, keep your back straight and look people in the eye

read what i wrote here
    just practice, you will fail many times, but remember that when you are unconfortable that means that you are learning something, and next time you try it won't be near as bad
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  5. Kibure

Kibure Member

I have made a decision to sign up for the local YMCA. Now the uncoolness of finding a bathing suit in my size (Lane Bryant here I come. :cry2:). I am hoping that this will get me exercising (a problem I have because of the heat) as well as maybe meet people. Must get courage too now though.
  6. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Good for you :) Finding bathing suits to fit can be a pain, but I hope you will get something you like :)
    Take care of yourself, and good luck with your exercise plans :hug:
  7. honsou

honsou Well-Known Member

Yeah its great that you are starting to swim :). Swimming is very easy on the joints and muscles and is just plain great exercise. Also exercising really helps relive stress and such, so its really a big step for you to start. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.