Friends

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by protonaut, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

I've been reading some of the posts on these boards recently.

I don't really consider myself the most emotional person, but it does make me feel good to help others, it always has. There are a lot of people here who could really use any help they can get.

What can I do? To be honest, probably not much .. anyone who believes he or she has the answer to everything is certainly misguided, and advice alone is not enough to trigger action. However, I can at least offer an attempt at friendship. Maybe we'll never really connect, but there's no harm in trying.

I promise you this, anyone who sends a PM my way will receive a reply every time.

Nothing in this world, not even the sickest behavior could convince me that each of you aren't human beings. In my eyes we're all equal - all humans deserve a fair chance at life.

Deep down, we're not so different at all. We have the same fears, the same dreams.

Look out at the world, who do you see on the streets, working each day in the city, in traffic, at parks, sitting tired and alone while waiting for a bus..? If you don't recognize them, look again, look in their eyes. These are your brothers and sisters, your family.

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Very nice post.

3. NSFW

NSFW Guest

Good post of course...but why then do I feel so alienated from everyone?

Because I am.

So different.

I am not like anyone else I know. They have family and friends - and I do not have that.

They are NOT my brothers and sisters - they HAVE their OWN brothers and sisters.

And I do not - I am ABSOLUTELY ALONE IN THE WORLD.

That? Really hurts.

4. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

I know how that feels. I still don't know anyone who is exactly like me, (and I never will, because that's impossible)... but I did eventually find a few people who are capable of understanding me. I never used to tell anyone much at all about what goes on in my mind, I just assumed they wouldn't "get it"... but lately I've been quite surprised by some people who do "get it". They're rare, of course. Very rare... but they do exist.

None of them did I meet in the town I live, though. Not a single one. Some areas are just severely lacking in intelligent life, it seems. Maybe try looking elsewhere?

5. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies, The_Discarded, NSFW, and SoulRiser.

NSFW, I understand what you mean.

Most of my life I've felt different from others, alienated.

There have been times, however, where I realized how warped this thinking is. In heightened states of awareness, I could see that the problem has always been myself, and not others. The problem is that I'm focusing on the differences between others and myself, segragating myself from the rest of society.

There are some differences between us, but what it's so hard to see is that it doesn't matter. We're all humans, we're supposed to be in this together. Humans generally want to help their fellow man. I realize no one is out to get me, yet sadly I still suffer from paranoia. I know it's wrong, I'm trying to change - I want to accept others. I'm not giving people a fair chance.

I do wish it was easier for us to focus on the similarities between all of us. If we could just see the world through the eyes of someone else, experience thoughts mutually rather than individually. Feel what others feel. Are we really so different?

You say you have no family, but this is because we're thinking of family in the traditional sense. Family members openly show love to one another, while strangers usually don't. I don't think it's right. I want to extend my family beyond my mother, father, and sister. I want my family to grow outwards, to include everyone I can.

I want to accept more brothers and sisters into my life. I want to love others! I don't want to be afraid to hug you or any other person, to talk openly, invite you over for dinner, share some laughter, even offer you the guest room if you need a place to sleep for the night.

I want to help you find a job. I want to teach you, I want to loan you money to attend school and learn more about the world if I can afford it. I want to help you find a partner to spend your life with and love. I want you to be happy!

Why should I act this way only towards my blood relatives? Are all humans not related by blood? If we go back millions of years in time, did we all not originate from the same roots?

Maybe this is wrong to you, disregard what I've said if it's not the perspective you're looking for. But to me, it's how I want to live.

My family is humanity. My brothers and sisters are all around me. But we don't recognize eachother.. we don't seem to understand. We're lost.

I want to find my brothers and sisters. I want to understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
  6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I know that feeling. :hug: Especially the no family part. I go through periods of feeling like you and how you feel is completely understandable. When I first moved out last year I used to sit on the bus looking into the windows of people in their houses wondering what kind of life they lead. That sense of separation is horrible but maybe one day you'll find a link between you and someone else, perhaps not everyone, but right now you and I know what that's like- that sense of aloneness? So maybe for a split second you have my understanding, even though that might not last for very long.

As for people wanting to show their love to one another, from my experience, that doesn't happen too often. People, all too often have their own things going on which means they concentrate on themselves, trying to survive and get through daily life and focus on the select few they like which, again is understandable. But I know what you mean protonaut. I've got to the stage in my life where I need to get into something that means I'm helping people which doesn't involve internet forums.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  7. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

:hug: if living for you means this....... then LIVE and forget how they choose to hun. What matters is that you be happy living as you decide to. :hug:

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I understand what it's like to be alone, after all that's how I spend Christmas, New Year and all my Birthdays, but I think it's important to realise that we're connected to other people. I don't mean that in some strange spiritual way, I simply mean that what I choose to wear or eat, they way I live my life affects other people close by and on the other side of the world. Then what they say or do affects others too, so eventually everybody affects everbody else.

I tried so hard to cut myself off from others, I had no family, no friends, I wouldn't allow myself to be photographed or even write anything down as this was simply proof that I existed. But no matter what I did, I still lived on in people's minds, there's just no way you can disconnect yourself from the world you live in, even death doesn't achieve that. The friends I've lost are still very much a part of me.

I know it sounds like crap, and when I've finished my microwave meal on Christmas Day I'll read this and think it's a load of shite, but I hope I'll come to accept it again. All people are connected, so we need to try and understand each other, and show each other love and compassion, because in the end we're not really that different from each other, we're just all part of something greater, all part of life.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.