Friends

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregblahblah, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How can someone call themselves friends and yet never be there for you. You try to help people and when you need help it's never there. I have no idea how to get myself out of this financial mess brought on by a few selfish people. I am gonna lose everything while they get to walk away holding no responsibility for the things they have caused. i do not even have money for bills much less food.

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Wish I had a magic wand that could make it all better. If I had a magic wand like that I'd use it on everyone here prolly. I just hope that things look up for you soon. Lots of people claim to be 'friends', but then the problem is - like you say - that they aren't really there for you when you need them. Look after yourself.

TDM

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

They aren't friends they are just parasites.

I'm really sorry to hear you're in such a financial mess.

I'm not sure where you are but here in the UK, they do have emergency loans that you can claim from the DWP if you're in a lot of trouble financially

They don't sound like friends they sound to me, like people who drain you and to keep well away from.

4. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

it's only ok to call someone a friend if they are there to help and support you. i'm sorry but theoretically it's incorrect otherwise. i am so sorry to hear of your financial struggles. i mean seriously i can totally relate to you. it's not easy to be in this spot. i'm doing my best to hang in there, and totally hope that you do the same. please continue to share. please take care and stay safe

5. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment and like the rest said they aren't friends. They are people willing to take what they want and screwing off when you need them most. :hug: to you.

6. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

I feel like ive been in the same position.

I have had problems with so called 'friends' and money issues but im saying it was my fault (it would be unfair of me to blame them really).

after doing about £30,000 and then realizing all these people were not your friends when all the money is gone sucks big time.

anyway i dont know how much use i will be but if you want to talk 1-on-1, feel free to contact me, hopefully i will be of some use.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you were treated poorly by people calling themselves friends. True friends are there during the most difficult of times. They sacrifice for each other. The rest are fair weather friends, more like acquaintences. there may be times when a friend can offer you nothing beyond their understanding and support, but at least they stand beside you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.