Friends...?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Xenos, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

I don't know whether this could be in the uncertainty principle or in the depression section. Either way, I'm really depressed and confused right now.
    I have these group of friends that I like to be with. Good people, hard workers in school, and simply fun to be around with. But since I'm not the social type, I can see with my own eyes watching them choosing to talk with other people rather than me. I DO go to the parties, and all that. I'm TRYING to make an effort to make myself known and yet........... I mean... if there were two people that my friends would choose to talk to, it's the other guy; it doesn't matter if he's a total stranger, it's always anyone but me. So I tried to gather what courage I had and tried to open myself to everyone else. It seemed to work at first, but it's like they chose to close their hearts to me (in other words, I was shunned). And doesn't friendship build only when both people choose to open their hearts to each other? :'( I've already tried hanging out with other close groups I had, but that's when they and I have much less in common, and I feel less comfortable with them. as for getting to know people... i'm too shy (I know, it's a pathetic excuse).
    What's your definition of friends? How should I get over this??? =( Ack... even a reply to this would make me feel better. Please?

-Cory

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Your right, true friendship means that those involved will open their hearts in some capacity and in time it will progress.
    If you want, perhaps ask them about why they are talking to you less often, at least then you will know and can perhaps move on.

3. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

That's very straight-forward to simply ask someone like that. It's almost a confrontation in a non-angry way (if that makes sense). But still, I've never really thought of that idea... but what if they just think I'm weird for asking that?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's very straight forward since there are many styles in which you could ask them. Maybe whilst you guys are chilling out together, bring the topic up and ask them.
    In the end it's totally down to you. There are many people out there who you could form good friendships with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.