friends

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by IDKwhatIwant, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDKwhatIwant

IDKwhatIwant Well-Known Member

wasnt sure if this fit here, but im uncertain about it, and its a question...

I made friends with a girl awhile back because we were both depressed. we shared the same loneliness, and social anxiety behaviors. we talked for about 9 months, on and off. we eventually shared numbers, though we never called. i really liked her, but we didnt want an LDR, unless we would meet and we didnt want to meet. over the months the experiences with her became habitual and i began to dread the same responses of negativity and problems. when we first talked, it helped that someone else felt the same. now that i know others feel the same, i discuss other issues. I decided since I didnt want to end the friendship, to just not talk, and put distance between us. Its been awhile now, and I still dont want to end or keep the friendship.

what do I do?

when she steps forward, i step back. this is normally when theres a problem, and i feel forced to help, or im going to make her feel even worse by rejecting her when shes already down. I dont want to tell her not to talk to me, because I still like her as a friend. I dont want to be selfish though and only talk when i want to talk. yet when she wants to talk, im not interested.

2. alexander01

alexander01 Active Member

what the fuck?? hook up with her and get laid thats the solution to your problem, putting distance wont help. edit: I dont know if your a dude or a girl so....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  3. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

Why don't you tell her exactly what you are feeling about your relationship with her, in complete detail? She needs to understand very clearly where things stand, then you both can make some decisions.

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I also think it might be worth properly talking it through with her. Talk through everything, be calm, and careful with what you say, and hopefully you and she can get some good communication going, and it might help you both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.