friendship turned to shit because of me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Takotsubo, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Takotsubo

Takotsubo Well-Known Member

as the title says , it was at work when it all happened . we we're drinking a little and i got a little touchy with a female worker / ex friend . ever since that day she just hates my guts i never get to talk to her because she aviods me. the day after i ruined everything i got to talk to her for a bit , said she was never going to forgive me for what i did. At work she treats me like shit ... she's sort of in the higher ranks . idk how to approach her and tell her i'm sorry for all the shit , i doubt she will forgive me.

So i have no idea what to do , from the looks of it i get a feeling she told someone what happened and it spread, im P.T. there but i've asked for F.T. but they denied me , guessing because they fear that i might do something to her again. It sucks that i most likely will have to find some other place to work , i really like working there .

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

All you can do hun is say y our sorry if she cannot forgive you then that is up to her perhaps write her a letter saying how sorry you are and you wish that your friendship in time can be rebuilt

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

There comes a point where the punishment has to fit the crime...what you did was a violation to her, and what you need to do to repair the situation is to make it clear that under sober circumstances and in the future you will never do that again...also, maybe drinking and work are not a good mix

4. Takotsubo

hopefully i can get a minute alone with her but it might not be so easy because she's always near someone . I can't write her a letter because she's friends w. the boss , which is why i got denied FT for graveyard shift , so yeah letter is bad cause she'll give it to her and i'll be in big trouble.

5. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I think it would be better to apologise to her when there is at least one other person present. Your behaviour when drunk was unacceptable and trying to speak to her privately seems to ignore this. She has said she will never forgive you so expecting her to see you privately is insensitive.

6. Takotsubo

[​IMG]

7. liktheangel

liktheangel Active Member

I understand why she's behaving that way. I might consider doing the same thing. Plus drinking at work is never good! Not that I know but I've heard enough horror stories just don't do it. I doubt you're ever going to have some kind of relationship with her ever again and apologies are useless in situations like these.

8. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

Your ex friends reaction was understandable. You were friends so she trusts you but you did something to her which made her feel violated and disrespected. So ,you've already apologized and she didn't accept it. You could always try apologizing again, and maybe you should give her a little more time to think about your apology.

Whether you are to be forgiven or not depends on her. Truth be told, you may not even be friends again but you both could still be civil with each other. Good luck man, I hope she forgives you. :)