From Therapy

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dharma4815162342, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

I went to therapy in HS, like 8 years ago. I don't remember anything my therapist told me or anything I learned from her except for one thing. I remember one day she asked me what I felt was inside me. Looking back it was kind of a quirky question and a little too fruity for me but my answer still sticks with me today.

I told her what was inside me was pure darkness. A blackness that never ends and is heavy and quiet and cold. A darkness like outerspace without stars. I sometimes feel the same way still, usually when I am sinking back into depressive thoughts and feelings.

My therapist then asked me what I wanted to be inside me. I replied a field of yellow flowers. I have always and still want to, run through a field of yellow flowers. (hence my avatar-and yes I know they are white flowers but the basic principle still applies). ANYWAY-my field has a bright warm sun shining and a slight breeze, maybe a few bird noises.

She then asked me when the last time I felt like I was full of yellow flowers. I couldn't think at that time of a single moment. Not one! I am at a point in my life when I can think of several moments now. Many moments actually. I am greatful for the progress I've made and yet at the same time I am scared of that darkness killing my flowers.

Does anyone else ever feel guilty for being depressed?

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have felt guilty many times for being depressed. Depression is an illness whether is be acute or chronic. It takes more than one thing to work through it and develop a personal program to deal with it. Therapy, meds, meals, sleep, and lots of hugs.

3. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

I feel guilty, and ashamed, most of the time - it can get better though....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.