Frustrated and Depressed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by LostInMyDaydreams, Aug 26, 2016.

1. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Well I suffered with something this weekend....lots of depression and anxiety. I don't mind if people want to hang out with one another, I don't mind that at all. If I'm in a room with you though I doubt I'll say that much though because I suffer with social anxiety. I hardly even say anything if people even say anything to me and I hate how I'm like this. I got away from my house and I thought I was going to be having a lot of fun and instead I got very depressed and cried a lot. I ended up suffering with social anxiety and barely saying anything when one of his friend's came over and played a videogame with one one of my friends. It made it look like I hated the person, but I didn't hate the person at all. I'm just very awkward and shy. If someone was to talk to me and ask me this, I would explain this to them. My friend ended up trying to speak to me and I didn't respond because I was still paranoid and the one thing that I was paranoid about was that "I was being made fun of." I'm not sure why but everytime I see a cell phone or people in a group together talking and they look over at me, I immediately think that their talking about me and making fun of me.

I'm not sure why this is either. I've been made fun of for so many years too and it caused me with nothing but depression. There was even a time where I had nothing but suicidal thoughts. I suffer with PTSD as well and bipolar and social anxiety which I know of. My friend and I ended up getting into a fight a little bit while I was here, however that was over other things. I think I need time to clear my head or something. Right now I feel so stressed out though and I'm worried that my friend and I will stop speaking to one another too. All I've been doing is crying all week long and I'm so sick and tired of it. :(
  2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

I'm really sorry about your problems, a lot of us here suffer from social anxiety.

Are you getting help from a therapist or pdoc?
  3. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

Hey, first of all I'm really glad to see you back here. I'm sorry you are stressed out. It's hard for regular people to understand what's in our heads that make life so difficult. They just tell you to buck up and get over it. A true friend who can be understanding of your needs is a rare thing. I really hope it works out for you guys.
  4. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello and thank you. Yeah it's a lot for people to understand, I'm also aware that bipolar disorder gets very paranoid themselves from what I'm aware of and I've always been paranoid, I just never think people are after me, it's always the same thing all the time, "People are talking badly about me or People are making fun of me." It's not just random people either. It's usually people like my friends or thinking my friends or family are talking badly about me to someone else. I've had a lot of people tell me to get over it all the time and I'm usually the sensitive type and I've had people tell me to stop being so sensitive. I've reading about on a article but I've found articles about highly sensitive people and I fit every single one of them.
  5. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello LostInMyDaydream, I am Mox

Hello and thank you for joining us at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. The more you share the more we can help you. I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Just know you are not alone in your pain and suffering. Everyone here is battling his/her own demons. You are among friends. No one will ever insult you or ridicule you for any reason; that BS is not tolerated here. We will give you emotional support and lots of hugs. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself that you will take yourself to the nearest ER and get the help you need. The help you deserve. We want you to be SAFE. If you are having a bad day or if you are upset do not hesitate to reach out to someone here at SF and we will help you the best way we can.

You have a lot going on my friend. Are you seeing counselors to help you deal with the paranoia and PTSD and everything else going on in your life? Are you any kind of medication to help you deal with these medical conditions?

How can we help you the best?

Take Care