Frustrated and Sad and Confused

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloud9, May 10, 2013.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I'm just so frustrated these days.

Someone I know. We were going to plan a trip together in the US during the coming week. I feel embarrased to say I was excited about it. I really wanted to plan for it and during the past two weeks I've been trying to reach her but she keeps blowing it off. I would think that she would also make the effort to get in contact too, especially as the week approached, but nothing. She apologizes for the delay saying she's been busy, but isn't a trip that's coming up next week almost a priority to get planned? I mean plane tickets skyrocket etc. the closer you get and we live in separate cities so it would require some coordination.

I'm tired of being treated like I'm second rate. I haven't been the perfect friend, but when we've spoken I've always been there for her. But to her, I'm like a flipping television. No ifs, ands, buts, gotta gos, just boom she goes offline or she just doesn't respond. I understand I'm not part of her friend circle in real life, but I'm not a video game that you just turn off, ignore or something when ur bored or have something else u'd rather do. When you talk to friends in real life, you give them your attention or ask to be excused if something has come up. Just cause I'm online she doesn't extend me the same courtesy. And it hurts. I don't want to be someone second rate. I want to be treated like a friend, a friend in real life.

I'm embarassed that I feel this way. The trip, its nothing to her. Its probably the only thing I've looked forward to in a while. I've waited to see if she'd come online, checked these bloody forums multiple times a day. Its embarassing because there are totally different vibes coming from her.

Unhappy, frustrated. I feel like someone is pointing the finger at me and saying "I told you so" or "What did you expect." This is how its always been and its how its going to be. She can say sorry a hundred times, but anyone can say sorry online. Saying sorry is easy. But you can say it, or you can show it by changing your behaviour. In real life, you'd show it to keep your friendships. I've just been a bit of a nut, staying her friend I guess, even though she never shows it.

Wow, I just had a revelation. Am I the idiot for always pursuing her?

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

A lot of people consider online friends as disposable, I think that's sad because I cherish all online and offline friends. I get rejected by friends online and real life, so I know how you feel. People always plan trips with me and cancel them, it hurts me so bad because I actually was looking forward to something for once. Sorry that your friend is treating you this way, she doesn't sound like a good friend at all. You aren't an idiot, and no one should be treated this way. You deserve friends who will be honest with you and be there for you.

3. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

Sorry, Hon. No one should be treated that way, on line or in real life. It's just unkind.

Is there any chance you can make the trip by yourself? Or maybe plan it in the future with someone else? She may not want to make the trip, but is afraid to say something. But that doesn't mean that you can't still do something that you are looking forward to.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sounds like she is avoiding you hun for a reason doesn't want to do trip now YOu go ok make a trip for you and just enjoy some time on your own if she wants to go she will contact you
    Let it be now don't contact her anymore let her make the next move

5. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

It hurts. I feel abandoned. I don't like the feeling.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That feeling never gets easier to deal with, I've dealt with it all my life and it still hurts. But if she doesn't want to take the trip, you can still do something without her, something that you will enjoy.