Frustrated - Urges

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by brknsilence, Jul 7, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Just been frustrated and fighting of urges again to self harm. Still working on distracting myself. Hoping it helps.

2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Its all I do right now, use as many distraction techniques as I can summon up. The problem is though, sooner or later I am going to have to face a few things and do something about them. But for now, distraction is helping keep me safe and keeping the suicidal thoughts in the background.

Keep fighting those urges, dont let them win. I know its really hard most of the time, but I know you can do this.

3. brknsilence

Hugs Here for you

Thanks for being there. Still distracting myself the best I can. Just been wanting relief and a couple of marks on me already has been triggering. One was done through self harm last week which I still been trying to hide. The others, I don't remember what happened.

Just feel like crying.

4. SinisterKid

Then lets cry together because right now a good sob would help me release some of this pent up frustration at being such a weak person who cant face his problems.

5. brknsilence

Here for you anytime. Hugs

SinisterKid likes this.
  6. SinisterKid

Ditto

brknsilence likes this.
  7. brknsilence

Thanks. Urges left. Now depressed

8. SinisterKid

Any chance of a little "me" time? Pamper yourself, just think about you? I am useless at it and am trying to find something that makes me feel good about myself. What makes you feel good about you? There must be something.

brknsilence likes this.
  9. brknsilence

I don't really know. Still working on it. Maybe try this evening, if possible

10. SinisterKid

I have always wanted to have a proper massage, the real mccoy type of thing. Maybe one day I will treat myself to one. I love a sauna, but its years since I last had one of those.

brknsilence likes this.
  11. brknsilence

I got to learn to take better care of myself instead of destroying myself

SinisterKid likes this.
  12. SinisterKid

Now ya talking! All you got to do now is figure out a few ways to do that and then practice, practice, practice.

I did go to the gym 3 times a week and then for a swim, but I was so lonely doing it. Slowly I lost the motivation [bad move] and stopped going. But at least that was good for my health. Trying to kill myself is not good for my health, but it is such a easy thing to do when you feel depressed and despise yourself.

So theres a goal for us both, do more to take better care of ourselves.

brknsilence likes this.
  13. brknsilence

Thanks for being there. Hugs

Been working on doing stuff around here. So far has helped some. I just can't allow myself to go on idle - not good.

I hope you're doing well

14. SinisterKid

I am chatting away to you, so of course I am ok. The time just flies by and I get free hugs ;)

brknsilence likes this.