Frustrated with the lack of understanding or support in my life

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sadhart, Dec 9, 2011.

1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Today I was supposed to go to a job interview but once again, my cousin, the person who i sadly have to depend on isn't willing to give me a ride. I try to be understanding and appreciative and all, but she is getting on my nerves...she has no idea how fucking hard it is getting a job. she keeps telling me to go to this stupid job close in town and i keep telling her that all i can fucking do is apply which i did with a resume and personal letter asking to be considered for hiring. if the person says they aren't hirring right now, it is pointless to keep asking. but you can't tell my cousin that.

It's this type of bullshit that makes me want to give up on life....i may need her or other people's help at times, but i don't need them blocking opportunities in my life.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can see how totally frustrating that would be for you hun

3. dice

dice Well-Known Member

It is sometimes hard for people with jobs to really understand what the market is actually like. Gone are the days where you could just see a help wanted sign and get a job. Competition these days is fierce and it is hard to land a job. I remember I had a really hard time landing a job out of college. I eventually found one and have a feeling you will too, but it does take time. I think though that your cousin may not be taking your efforts seriously and does not properly grasp the market. I'd see if you could find another friend for things like rides for interviews from now on. I think what she did is completely unreasonable and I can sympathize with your frustrations.